|1 a Minute|
| File:1-a-minute-2010 poster.jpg |
Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Namrata Singh Gujral|
|Produced by||UniGlobe Entertainment|
|Written by||Namrata Singh Gujral|
|Narrated by||Kelly McGillis|
|Starring|| Olivia Newton-John|
Namrata Singh Gujral
|Music by||Jay Ferguson|
|Editing by|| Namrata Singh Gujral|
|Running time||90 min|
1 a Minute is a docu-drama film directed by Namrata Singh Gujral, an Indo-American actress, and is based around her own life and the lives of other women and their battle with cancer. The film deals a heavy focus on breast cancer. It also features women celebrities from around the world who are cancer survivors.
It is scheduled for release on October 6, 2010 in 527 theaters in the USA. The film will be released in India theaters on 29 October, 2010. This is the largest release to date for a cancer docudrama.
The film follow the life of a woman that is based around director Gujral's own experiences, including her struggle with breast cancer. The experiences of other famous celebrities are interspersed throughout the story, as told by the celebrities themselves.
The film features Olivia Newton-John, Namrata Singh Gujral, Jaclyn Smith, Kelly McGillis, Melissa Etheridge, Barbara Mori, Lisa Ray, Diahann Carroll, William Baldwin, Daniel Baldwin, Mumtaz, Jasmine Cooper, and Priya Dutt. The feature is narrated by Kelly McGillis of Top Gun fame. There are also interviews with oncologists Dennis Slamon and Deepak Chopra, along with Ambassador Nancy Brinker.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Exclusive first look at the breast cancer docudrama ‘1 a Minute’" - USA Weekend
- ↑ "Olivia featured in new film '1 a Minute'" - Olivia Newton-John
- ↑ "Melissa And Tammy Etheridge Split After Nine Years" - MTV
- ↑ "Indian Star Rallies Celebrity Support For Cancer Movie" - Contact Music
- ↑ Jha, Lalit K (2009-10-07). "Indian-American actress diagnosed with breast cancer". Hindustan Times. Press Trust of India (HT Media). http://www.hindustantimes.com/rssfeed/indiansabroadnews/Indian-American-actress-diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/Article1-462219.aspx.
- ↑ "Cancer docu-drama "1 a minute" to release in India on Oct 29" - NetIndian
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 "Barbara Mori-Lisa Ray spread awareness on breast cancer" - Times of India"
- ↑ "Barbara in Cancer Docu" - Smash Hits
- ↑ "1 a Minute" - Susan G. Komen for the Cure Organization
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|