Body of Work Edit
Most of Sargent's role-playing works were published between 1987 and 1996. He has authored many products for both the Dungeons & Dragons (particularly for the World of Greyhawk campaign setting), "Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay", and FASA's Shadowrun and "Earthdawn" role-playing games (most of the latter in collaboration with Marc Gascoigne). He also authored various Fighting Fantasy gamebooks and novels, some under the pseudonym Keith Martin, and some Sonic the Hedgehog novels under the collective pseudonym Martin Adams (with Gascoigne and James Wallis). Sargent's sudden and abrupt departure from the gaming industry in the late 90s has been the subject of much speculation and curiosity among fans.
Sargent is also noted for holding a PhD in psychology (or experimental parapsychology), which he earned in 1979. He is known to have performed numerous ganzfeld experiments at the University of Cambridge (a photograph of Sargent performing such an experiment appears in the Encyclopedia of Pseudoscience, page 129). His published works in this field include Explaining the Unexplained: Mysteries of the Paranormal, co-authored with Hans Eysenck.
TSR, inc. Published BooksEdit
Sargent, Carl (1993). Iuz the Evil. WGR5. World of Greyhawk: TSR, inc.. 9399.
Sargent, Carl (1995). Ivid the Undying. World of Greyhawk: TSR, Inc. ISBN Unpublished. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads.
- "Is There Life Beyond Death?" An article by Carl Sargent and Hans J Eysenck
- Pen & Paper listing for Carl Sargent
- "Psi, Science and the Future." An article by Carl Sargent and Hans J Eysenck
- A Report of a Visit to Carl Sargent's Laboratory
- Wizards of the Coast messageboard thread about Sargent, including an old interview
- A photo of Sargent at an old Society for Psychical Research meeting