Central Florida News 13 is a cable-based news television station located in Orlando, Florida. It currently serves the greater Central Florida areas including Volusia County, Seminole County, Orange County, Osceola County, Lake County, Marion County, Flagler County, and Brevard County. Central Florida News 13 covers news in cities such as Orlando, Daytona Beach, Melbourne, and Kissimmee, as well as surrounding areas.
|CF News 13 official logo.|
|Branding||Central Florida News 13|
|Slogan||All Local. All the time|
|Channels||Analog: cable 13
Digital: cable 13 (SD)/613 (En Español)/1013 (HD)
|Affiliations||CNN (Cable News Network)|
|Owner||Bright House Networks|
|Website||www.cfnews13.com (Note: Renovated website similar to Bay News 9's is online as of June of 2010)|
Ybeth Bruzual serves as the News 13 weekday morning anchor. Jackie Brockington is the weekday afternoon anchor, and Joel Schipper is the weekday evening/overnight anchor. On the weekends, only two anchors fill the day, with Sandra Osbourne taking the first half and Schipper handling the second half of the day.
The Weather Team is made up of Chief Meteorologist Jeff Day, Dave Cocchiarella, Maureen McCann, and Mallory Nichols.
It airs twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, exclusively on a commercial cable company that serves the area, Bright House Networks. Bright House is the current carrier, previously Time Warner Cable.
On December 14, 2010, News 13 became available to Bright House's digital subscribers in the Tampa Bay area, on channel 1213; the channel is offered as an adjunct to their local news channel, Bay News 9.
News 13 has several features that make it unique in the area.
- There is a weather report every ten minutes called "Weather on the 1's." During the Atlantic Hurricane Season, two of these reports each hour are dedicated to tropical activity.
- On the weekends, it airs a program called "The Agenda," in which two personalities from the station speak with area leaders and other influential people about important regional topics.
- News 13 also provides coverage of the rocket launches occurring at the Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
- Weekdays from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, the traffic report (immediately after Weather on the 1's) called "Traffic Check".
Anchors, Reporters, PhotographersEdit
- Ybeth Bruzual, weekday mornings 5pm-12pm
- Jackie Brockington, weekday afternoons 12pm-5pm
- Sandra Osbourne, weekend mornings 5am-5pm
- Joel Schipper, weekend evenings and overnight loop, 4pm-7am
- Marla Weech, weekday evenings and overnight loop, 5pm-5am
- Jeff Day, chief meteorologist seen weekdays 12pm - 5pm (AMS/NWA)
- Dave Cocchiarella, weeknights 5pm - 5 am (AMS-CBM)
- Maureen McCann weekdays 5 am -12 pm (AMS)
- Mallory Nichols, weekends 5 pm - 6 am
- Mike Simon, weekends 5 am - 6 pm (AMS/NWA)
- Ryan Harper, Real Time Traffic reporter
Note: Other traffic reports, in off peak times, are done by various personnel at Metro Traffic.
- Jeff Allen - Seminole County/Lake County reporter
- David Bodden - general assignment reporter
- John W. Davis - general assignment reporter
- Dave D'Marko - general assignment reporter
- Scott Fais - feature reporter
- Ryan Harper - general assignment reporter
- Jerry Hume - general assignment reporter
- Virginia Johnson - feature reporter ("On The Town")
- Troy Kinsey - general assignment reporter
- Margaret Kavanagh - Brevard bureau reporter
- Amanda McKenzie - general assignment reporter
- Angie Moreschi - consumer reporter ("Consumer Wise")
- Bailey Myers - Osceola County reporter
- Greg Pallone - Brevard bureau chief
- Caroline Rowland - general assignment reporter
- Saul Saenz - Volusia bureau reporter; also fill-in anchor
- Bakari Savage - general assignment reporter
- Natalie Tolomeo - general assignment reporter
- Allison Walker - feature reporter; also fill-in anchor
- Christine Webb - interactive reporter; also fill-in anchor
- Jason Wheeler - Flagler/Volusia bureau reporter
- Brad Munson, Orlando
- Josh Carrasco, Orlando
- Adam Strand, Orlando
- David Yates, Orlando
- Sam McKinney, Orlando
- Virgen Fantauzzi, Brevard Bureau
- Jon Shaban, Brevard Bureau
- Roderick Finch, Volusia Bureau
- Steven Thomas, Tallahassee Bureau
- Jessica Yellin, anchor/reporter (?-?) - now National Political Correspondent at CNN
- Laura Noland, morning anchor (2002 - 2006)
- Wendy Allen, morning anchor (2004 - 2007) - now a PhD and professor at UF
- Julie Broughton, meteorologist (2001- Apr. 2008)- now at WKMG-TV
- Peter Caggiano (2007-2012) - meteorlogist, now with KITV-TV in Honolulu, HI area ABC affiliate
- Rod Johnson, anchor (1997- 2004) - now with the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA)
- Shannon Butler, anchor/reporter (?- 2004) - now a general assignment reporter at WOFL
- Paul Milliken, general assignment reporter (2005 - 2007) - now weather forecaster at WRIC-TV in Richmond
- Ted Noah, Traffic reporter, now radio traffic reporter af WOMX-FM in Orlando
- Silke Rible, reporter (?-?) - no longer in the News Industry, currently at American Cancer Society in Charlotte, NC..
- Bianca Barr, reporter (2002-2004) - now works in promotions for Penn State Public Broadcasting
- Julie Kim, reporter (?-?) - now a general assignment reporter at WTXF
- Patrick Pegues, reporter (?-?) - was also a general assignment reporter at WOFL until 2012
- Carolyn Scofield, health reporter/general assignment reporter (?-2007) - now a general assignment reporter at WPTV in West Palm Beach
- Nancy Gay, health reporter (?-2007) now with the American Heart Association
- Carolina Leid, reporter (2003-2005)- now general assignment reporter at WABC-TV
- Patrick Terpstra, Brevard Bureau reporter (2004-2006) now a general assignment reporter at WVEC
- Erin Whitney, reporter (?-?)
- Christine Lehman, meteorologist (July 2000-May 2004) - now a Territory Sales Manager in Pharmaceutical Sales
- Jason Maderer, sports director (?-2005) - now works for Central Florida Sports Commission
- Paul Milliken, general assignment reporter (2005 - 2007) - now weather forecaster at WRIC-TV in Richmond, VA
- Denise Cullen, sports anchor/reporter (?-2006) - now does PR for Orlando Predators
- Matt O'Connor, sports anchor/reporter (?-2006)
- Lauren Johnson, reporter (?-2007) - now reporter/anchor at WHBQ in Memphis
- Rob Eicher, meteorologist (2004-2007) - now weekend meteorologist at WOFL in Orlando
- Jennifer Roberts, weekend evening anchor/Volusia County reporter (?-Nov. 2007) now works as a media relations rep for Florida Hospital
- David Waters, Brevard County reporter (1997-January 2008) - worked for the United Space Alliance, but has since moved on
- Karen Castillo, general assignment reporter/fill-in anchor (2003-2007)
- Monica Rix, Lake County Reporter (2007-2009) - now reporter at WAFF in Huntsville
- Danny Treanor - Meteorologist (2004-2014) retired from full time broadcasting, freelancing part time for WKMG-TV the area's CBS affilate
- Ali Turiano - Meterologist (2008-2014); now at KDFW-TV, the FOX affiliate in Dallas, Texas
- Evrod Cassimy, reporter
En Español/InfoMás staffEdit
In March 2011, Bright House announced that the Spanish-language news channels of News 13 and Bay News 9 will merge into a new channel, InfoMás; the merged channel will began broadcastin in late Summer 2011. 
Former En Español anchors/reportersEdit
- Sharon Miranda, anchor/reporter
- Idamis Toledo, anchor/reporter
- Christian De La Rosa, anchor/reporter
- Sarykarmen Rivera, anchor/reporter
Bright House also has a sister station in Tampa known as Bay News 9.
Central Florida News 13 and Bay News 9 are both CNN affiliate stations.
- ^ Bright House Networks ad in St. Petersburg Times, November 12, 2010.
- ^ St. Petersburg Times: "Bright House Networks to merge Tampa Bay and Orlando Spanish language newschannels into InfoMas", March 11, 2011.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|