|Forgotten Realms Deity|
|Title(s)|| Lord of All Glyphs and Images |
The Scribe of Oghma
|Homeplane||House of Knowledge|
|Portfolio||Literature, Art, Knowledge, Glyphs, Images, Cartography, Scholars|
Deneir answers the prayers of his organized priests, but he has also been known to choose a person who truly follows Deneir's ideals--to invent, to create, to learn. He himself seems to have a problem with some of his strictly-organized orders, whose devotion to a hierarchy and their duties impedes with his followers learning and inventing, to the point of their being little joy in their work. The two Chosen (Pertelope and Cadderly) shown so far were both more relaxed about rules and hierarchy, capable of teasing or joking with their more staid brethren. These two Chosen were granted direct access to divine spells, rather than having to study and pray for them and their god-given power exceeded that of older Deneiran priests.
Despite their generally laid back attitude, the teachings of Deneir also dictate that his followers create with a conscience and refrain from casually designing weapons of war or death.
- Boyd, Eric L, and Mona, Erik. Faiths and Pantheons (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Martin, Julia, and Eric L Boyd. Faiths & Avatars (TSR, 1996).
- R. A. Salvatore, Canticle, Cleric Quintet Book 1, Wizard of the Coast, 1991.
- R. A. Salvatore, In Sylvan Shadows, Cleric Quintet Book 2, Wizard of the Coast, 1992.
- R. A. Salvatore, Night Masks, Cleric Quintet Book 3, Wizard of the Coast, 1992.
- R. A. Salvatore, The Fallen Fortress, Cleric Quintet Book 4, Wizard of the Coast, 1993.
- R. A. Salvatore, The Chaos Curse, Cleric Quintet Book 5, Wizard of the Coast, 1994.fr:Dénéïr