||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please improve this article if you can. (September 2010)
Dragon's Kingdom is a browser based role-playing game.
Long ago in a desolate wasteland, a king had risen up. He was known as the King Black Dragon, and his loyal followers were a dangerous bunch. For many Millennia he ruled over mankind, and slowly kingdoms started to rise, the first being the kingdom of Valour. This kingdom quickly flourished, and a hero rose up from amongst them and ventured to slay the Dragon King, and many thought that this would prove to be a useless endeavour. He too felt the same, but he easily slayed the followers, and went on to slay the King. He was successful and ended the tyrannical reign.
Among all of this a new kingdom was unnoticed, known as the Necromancer Valley. Many of the followers lived there and sorcerers moved in over time, and in a matter of years they were able to get all of the things needed to bring back their King. At first he was weak, and grew stronger as they empowered him, using all the magic they had. He is now planning to take over and rule again, but he is more evil than ever, and more powerful than before. He exiled his loyal followers, and saviours, and killed many of them. He now issues a new challenge for anyone brave enough to try and slay him, and his new follower, his sons. All efforts until now have been proven to be futile, but now it is your time to rise up and accept the challenge of this tyrant.
Original Concept Edit
Dragon's Kingdom is a developed script, made by Adam Dear by 2004. The script it was based on is Called Dragon Knight and was created by Jamin Seven, originally to be created as a web-based tribute to the NES game, Dragon Warrior, by Enix (now Square Enix). The original illustrations of Dragon's Kingdom were created by these developers (Jamin and Adam). Due to its free license, many websites developers decided to download and modify it to their preferences, so that it became a very popular online browser based game. It's similarity to the old table tops RPGs made it very popular with the old school gamers. Adam Dear's original website was http://www.dk-rpg.com and was online from 2004 till 2006, when it closed. By October 25, 2009 Jamin Seven retired Se7enet and got into blogging about him and his family.
- 9 Different skills to level up
- 4 Quests to complete for rewards
- 7 Different character class's to choose from
- A huge map to explore and venture on
- Around 250 different monsters to find and slay
- Guilds and Strongholds, which leads to Guild battles!
- A Duel Arena, to interact and fight with other players
- Many towns and areas to explore. Either within towns, or on the battlefield
- A player trading market
- An in game Forum and Player Chat
Character Classes Edit
There are five character classes in the game. The main differences between the classes are what spells you get access to, the speed with which you level up, and the amount of HP/MP/strength/dexterity you gain per level. Below is a basic outline of each of the character classes.
- Sorceress: Sorceress has the majority of the spells, and the best spells in the game. They also have very high magic points and high hit points. Down points are her strength and dexterity but these are not needed for a Sorceress.
- Barbarian: The Barbarian has very high strength for maximum damage with a medium amount of hit points. Downsides of the Barbarian are that they don't get many good spells and have low dexterity.
- Paladin: The Paladin has high dexterity for maximum agility along with medium hit and magic points. Downsides are the low strength and slow level ups.
- Ranger: The Ranger has high dexterity and high travel points for maximum agility and traveling across the lands of Dragon's Kingdom. Downsides are low hit points and low strength.
- Necromancer: The Necromancer is very similar to the Sorceress. It has fast level ups, some of the best spells (mainly attack and defensive curses) and high hit points. Downsides are its low dexterity.
- Druid: The Druid is similar to the Barbarian, it has very high strength for maximum damage with a medium amount of hit points. This character is an all rounder-type character.
- Assassin: The Assassin has very high strength for maximum damage and is very similar to the Ranger with high dexterity and travel points. Downsides are that they don't get much magic points to use their unique spells.
- http://se7enet.com - Official Dragon Knight script website
- http://jaminblount.com - Jamin Seven today's website
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|