DragonFable takes place in the land of Lore, 5 years from where AdventureQuest takes place. The Chapters in DragonFable are the main story/quests of the game. At the end of each chapter new feature's are introduced. In each chapter the player travels from zone to zone as they progress through the chapter doing main quests (chain quests). The quests can be replayed after completing them. In each of the multiple zones the player passes through in a chapter there are also numerous side-quests and NPC's.
"The Dragon Egg Saga"
- Introduction (prologue)
A Priestess named Lady Celestia and a certain moglin named Twilly approach land holding a mysterious black box with a dragon symbol on the side. After rescuing them from a "gorillaphant" they scatter off into the jungle.
- Black Dragon Box
After catching up to Lady Celestia and Twilly, A man named Drakath stands in your way. Drakath states that he is the leader of the "Darkwolf Bandits" and that this box is his key to the throne. After defeating Drakath in battle a "sneevil" sneaks up and runs away with the box.
- Robina The Hood
Robina in "Surewould Forest" has the box you are looking for and will give it to you if you complete a few quests for her, these being to steal from a group of Bandits and giving the gold to the monsters. Once the quests are done Drakath appears, after you defeat him the box is empty with the sneevil claiming its contents were dumped in the "Sneevil Dumpsite".
- Treasure Hunter
Twilly instructs you to go east again (far east) and find the greatest treasure hunter ever - who is Valencia's father. He is currently out looking for "The Ultimate Treasure". Fortunately, Valencia knows where the Sneevil Dumpsite is and takes you there. Somewhere amongst the strange and valuable items the Sneevils dumped here in the Sneevil Dumpsite is the Dragon Egg from the Black Dragon Box. After you have found the egg "Ultra-Vultragon", a giant Vultragon, flies along and steals it.
After the Dragon Egg is stolen by the Vultragon, Valencia knows its haven, Mt. Moordoor. Once there search through the Sneevil Dumpsite to get it back only to find something unexpected... there are five identical eggs!
Twilly sends you to visit Warlic, a wizard that will help you figure out which egg is the right egg by doing a string of quests to summon the Doomkitten who will sniff out the dragon egg, but once the Doomkitten sniffs it out, it will try to devour the egg.
- The Secret Cave
After obtaining the real Dragon Egg, it's time to put it in a safe place so that it may show it's true form, a secret cave! The stone statue conveniently located in the secret cave is enchanted and will keep your Dragon Egg warm until it hatches... Note: It was stolen some time in May 2007 by spiders because it turned out that the cave was in the territory of the spiders. After the Spider War, it was revealed that the eggs would hatch June 8, 2007.
- Players also have a choice on customizing the color of the egg but they only get one choice which will remain permanent. The choice will not effect the colour, gender, or element of the dragon.
"Legend of the Dragon Lord"
- The Hatching
A year after the release of the Dragon Amulets, dragons have hatched.
- Lady Celestia
The player is sent on a quest to find the DragonLord armour. After defeating the Old Man Of The Mountain, he gives you the armour. Repeating the quest unlocks the DragonLord skills one at a time.
- River of Fire
The River running into Lymcrest has been turned into lava and Warlic sends the Adventurer to find out what's happened. Xan is found near the river who says he is doing it to kill off the miners. He leaves the Adventurer to a Bassault and watches the fight from his throne in his Fortress.
- Fetching Fire
Warlic needs a sample of the fire from the lava river so he sends the Adventurer to get some from the cave where the source is.
- Wind Mountain
After the fire sample is taken Warlic needs a sample of spring water in the mountains which can purify the lava river. He sends the Adventurer into the mountains to defeat the Wind Cyclops HuffPuff who blocks the path.
- Pure Pool
With HuffPuff dead the Adventurer goes to the pure pool and needs to get a sample from the water and defeat its guardian Splashy the giant sea monster.
- Xan's Fortress
With Splashy beaten and the sample secure, Warlic and the Adventurer purify the water and go to Xans Fortress. They fall into a trap and are forced to fight each other. Warlic is beat but fakes death and teleports behind Xan pushing him to the arena with the Adventurer. Warlic then blocked the power of the Pyronomicon from reaching Xan and the Adventurer beats him. Xan then falls into the lava when the platform he stands on breaks. Warlic and the Adventurer leave with the Pyromanincian.
- The End?
Xan has emerged from the volcano Fortress as a giant Four armed Titan! The Adventurer has to mount their Dragon and defeat him in an epic battle which ends in Xan falling back into the lava, supposedly dead but maybe alive.
- These quests are accessible by Rhubarb in Osprey Cove
"Pirates vs Ninjas Saga"
- Water Breathing Potions
A pirate ship carrying loads of water breathing potions has been captured by ninjas. Rhubarb sends the Adventurer to retrieve the potions, however the ship gets blown up in the process.
- Ruins of Kordana
Rhubarb asks the Adventurer to travel to the Ruins of Kordana and retrieve the Wind pearl, which he believes will give a pirate total dominance of the winds, and therefore the seas. Upon making it through the ruins, which are, in reality the remains of a giant mecha, a hologram from the mecha's computer explains that the wind pearl was stolen by Drakath. (The hologram, Kordana, is a parody of Cortana from the popular Halo series. You can also get a helmet which looks like Master Chiefs, and the CorDemi Codex is similar to the forerunner artifacts in Halo. When talking to Rhubarb, he says something about a Penitent, which may be related to the halo monitor, 2401 Penitent Tangent.)
- Box of Ninjas
Rhubarb suspects that Drakath is working with the ninjas, and tells the the Adventurer of a Sneevil ninja training dojo on Sho Nuff island. He also says that the Sneevils there are very good at obtaining information and would know if anyone left the island. The Adventurer searches the dojo for information, eventually finding out that Drakath is still on the island. You must defeat the Okuchi no Okami boss to progress.
- Captain's orders
Captain Blackberry tracks Drakath down and tells the Adventurer that the quickest way to get to him is through an underwater passageway. Thanks to the water breathing potions mixing with the ocean, the Adventurer is able to breathe freely all the way through. Upon meeting Drakath, the two of them fight, with the Adventurer quickly gaining the upper hand. However the wind pearl then emits a blast of wind shaped like a dragon's head, which floors the Adventurer. Drakath assumes that the pearl accepts him as its master, however it then turns on him, blowing him away in a gust of wind.
- This quest is accessible by Thyton in the Shadow of The Wind Village
- Run of the Kessel!
The ship of the Ninjas, the Kessel, have problems with The Pirates, and in two minutes, the player must cross the coast to go to the marina. If the player crashes, a pirate monster (Buccaneer, Bonny Lass, Unlucky Pirate, L.D. Monkey or Pirate Monkey) will fight you.
Main NPC: Guardian Fortuna.
- The tower gems- collect all the guardian gems to access the hidden chamber.
- Gorgok titan fight- Fight on your dragon, and defeat the mighty dragon Gorgok.
Main NPC: Rolith.
- Sir Valence - Sir Valence is the Sneevil expert. He is cautious of the sneevils stealing boxes
- Sir Vey's camp - Birds of the forest have been stealing his Mollo fruit seeds! Find out for him what's going on. After completing all of the Sir Vey Quests, you can merge Pouches of Sparkling sand for Knights of the Pactoganal table's gear.
- The ultimate prank (no EXP gained) - Sir Prize and Sir Kuss are always finding pranks to pull on each other. Today, Sir Prize is getting his edge back on Sir Kuss.
- Sir Jing's Weapons/The Ruins - Sir Vivor and Sir Castic get along with each other like a house on fire. Talk to them to find out about the VurrMen infested ruins, and the legendary electric weapons of Sir Jing.
- Sir Junn's quest for royal honey
- Sir Pernatural - This guy is always telling ghost stories of one deceased knight who is (according to himself) Living Sorta-but-not-really (in other words, undead). Sir Koffagus is buried with his weapons. If you are brave enough to venture into the graveyard and Mausoleum, and return; then maybe you'll receive one of Sir Koffagus' weapons which were buried with him.
- Sir Pent- A three headed sea serpent blocks the path from Oaklore to Falconreach. He attacks unlucky players when crossing a bridge. Unfortunately for you, today you're the unlucky player. This creature can only be fought once. The Dragon Amulet only Hydras Lair Quest opened up on April 20.
Other NPC's: Maya the librarian, Sir Vivor
Main NPC: The new Thyton, the ninja master, has recently come here to find Drakath. Ash stays in his place, and Nythera has been replaced by Artix then Thyton. Cysero left to find new materials for weapons.
- Tree Fort - A tightly guarded sneevil hideout.
- Rescue - Aria, Grams' granddaughter, has gone missing in a nearby cave infested by bug-like monsters. Find her and escort her back to her grandmothers pet shop.
- The Cave - A large cave inhabited by water, wind, and rock elementals. It is said that magic items can be found here.
- The Marsh - A swamp filled with lizardmen and living mushrooms. It is said that the Imperial Mushroom who rules the swamp holds rare items.
- Elemental Attack - Wind, Rock, and Water elementals are coming out of a portal in the forest. You must help the Knights protect the area to earn one of their powerful maces. Warlic claims that Xan is behind the attacks.
- Doomwood - The Undead have taken over Doomwood forest and rumors are spreading that an abomination is being created there, it's a skeleton spider which is ridden by a sneevil.
- The Grove - A forest filled with corrupted fairy-like creatures, along with centaur-like beings.
- Challenge - A mad scientist named Dr. Voltabolt needs help when his "perfectly normal" house is taken over by his own wild creation.
Other NPC's: Serenity, Yulgar, Grams, Reens, Patch, Twilly, Sir Render, Mayor Rayf.
Main NPC: Robina Hood.
- Golden Opportunity - Reclaim The gold from the Darkwolf bandits.
- Give Till' It hurts - Knock out various creatures, and place the money on them. How else do you think those creatures get the gold you're awarded?
- Quad Force - Collect all 4 pieces to unlock the ability to battle Gananana, a giant 5-eyed flying Eyeball.
- Bounty Hunting - an extension to the bandit camp quest offering money for certain different bandits.
Other NPC's Zorbak - Talk to him, and he can become your pet for a short while.
Main NPC: Warlic.
- Warlic's Tent - Warlic asks you to walk into his teleporting tent, where you then cook one of the possible Dragon Eggs. It turns out that it was a Vultragon egg. You can conclude this because dragon eggs taste like honey dew and marigold, but the egg tastes like a normal fried egg.
- The Tome - Venture into Cysero's part of the tower, avoiding Dirty Sock Monkeys and Laundry Golems, to find his mystical spellbook.
The Next Few quests involve the summoning of "it".
- Strings Of Flame - venture into the fire elemental cave to locate the fire yarn.
- Brickhead - Destroy the Stone head boss, to create some Indestructible litter.
- You're All Wet - Find a bag of salmon by the waterfalls. Who on Lore leaves a bag of raw salmons by waterfalls?
- Ol' Wind Bag - Find the bag of wind-nip below the floating island.
- The Summoning - Finally, some action! Now you can find out what "it" is. And "it" is a DOOMKITTEN
- The Egg - Now you have the true dragon egg! Talk to twilly to go to the "secret cave" and awaken your dragon!
Main NPC: Thursday and the Necromantress. (at the end of the cleared path).
- Haunted House - Thursday's mansion has been taken over by various creatures of the night but the only thing she wants back is a pendant, get it back and she'll let you swap it for one of her handmade items. In order to retrieve the pendent, you have to fight several red spectors (good light weapon recommended) and three main bosses：adwetoo, a plant；underbed, a strange, disfigured furry beast;and nightshade, a ghost. at the end of the quest, nightshade will tell you that Thursday was important in "the master"'s plans
- Crystal Clear Lake - As a favor to Thursday, you have come to the badly named Crystal Clear lake to clear a path to her herb garden. Bring a good fire weapon and a good light weapon against the monsters here. At the end of the quest, you fight a werewolf named Lon. Lon was sent by "the master" to guard Thursday, or "dark hair", as Lon calls her.
- Yaga Stone Circle - After being handed a note by Thursday, you make your way the ancient stone circle which the Five Yaga Sisters call home to stop them summoning the Savage Outworlder to destroy Lore. The sisters tell you that you were disrupting "the master"'s plans. The "Savage Outworlder" actually turns out to be a "potbellied furball" called Guffer (Beware he can hit 100's)
(Hint: even through the Savage Outworlder is a potbellied furball, he can still hit very hard, so defeat the Yaga sisters first then fight the monster. He will be much weaker)
- The Guardian tower - At the end of "the path", you will encounter the Necromantress. She will tell you that you cannot pass through the fog to the tower unless you kill a werewolf for her. After you defeat it, pass through the fog and fight the vampires there. When you arrive at the tower, go upstairs and then go through the main door (guarded by two vampires). After that go up either of the two sets of stairs that appear, and you will meet the vampire Lord Frydae XIII. He turns out to be "the master" and tells you that Thursday was his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter (13 'great's) and that he was planning to make her a vampire. Then you fight him and so ends the saga. It is interesting to note that Lord Frydae XIII's servants seem to think that he is stronger than or is the master of Sepulcher, but since Sepulcher is currently unbattleable this is unclarifiable.
- ↑ http://www.dragonfable.com
- ↑ An image showing all the DragonEggs.
- ↑ Bohn, Adam (2007-04-16). "Design Notes" (in English). http://www.dragonfable.com/df-designnotes.asp. Retrieved 2007-04-29. "The color/design you have already chosen for the egg will have an effect on what type of Dragon you hatch."