||This article needs references that appear in reliable third-party publications. Primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject are generally not sufficient for a Wikipedia article. Please add more appropriate citations from reliable sources. (October 2007)|
||This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
|Dungeons & Dragons Deity|
|Title(s)||Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain, the Silent Keeper, the Mountain Shield|
|Home Plane||Concordant Domain of the Outlands|
|Alignment||Neutral (LN tendencies)|
|Portfolio||Mining, mountain dwarves, underground exploration|
|Domains||Earth, Knowledge, Protection (also Cavern, Craft, Dwarf, and Metal in Forgotten Realms)|
Dumathoin is often given the title, "Keeper of secrets under the Mountain."
In many campaign settings, the dwarven pantheon of gods consists of the leader Moradin, as well as Abbathor, Berronar Truesilver, Clanggedin Silverbeard, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Muamman Duathal, and Vergadain. Other dwarven gods may be present in different campaign settings.
Dumathoin shares the Dwarven Mountain on the Outlands with Dugmaren and Vergadain.
Dumathoin's clerics dress in brown leather. His holy days are on the new moon, and sacrifices of gems and jewels are made to him monthly.
- Boyd, Eric L. Demihuman Deities (TSR, 1998).
- Boyd, Eric L, and Erik Mona. Faiths and Pantheons (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Greenwood, Ed. Dwarves Deep (TSR, 1990).
- Gygax, Gary. Unearthed Arcana (TSR, 1985).
- McComb, Colin. On Hallowed Ground (TSR, 1996).
- Moore, Roger E. "The Dwarven Point of View." Dragon #58 (TSR, 1982).
- Sargent, Carl. Monster Mythology (TSR, 1992).