The Empire of Iuz is classified by the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer as an "imperial theocratic dictatorship." Though Iuz holds all power, his rule is inconsistent. Iuz's priesthood and other spellcasters manage the affairs of the empire in his name. Iuz and his servants have more control over some regions of the empire than others.
The Empire of Iuz consists of five loosely-defined political regions, though they are not considered actual provinces.
Land of IuzEdit
Once referred to as the Bandit Kingdoms, this region lies west of the Zumker and Artonsamay rivers, east of the Ritensa River, and is bounded in part by the Fellreev Forest and Bluff Hills. This region is actually made up of a number of warlord fiefs.
These grasslands south of the Icy Sea and the Wastes are also known as the Barrens, the Barren Plains, or the Northern Barrens. North of the Bandit Lands, the Barrens' eastern border is formed by the Forlorn Forest, western Griff Mountains, and the Bluff Hills. Their western border is formed by the Cold Marshes and Opicim River. Once ruled by the nomadic Flan tribes known as the Rovers of the Barrens, these people are but a shadow of their former glory.
This region is bound by Whyestil Lake, the Veng and Ritensa Rivers, and the Fellreev Forest. These lands were for a time ruled by the Horned Society, before Iuz once again took control during the Greyhawk Wars.
Bordered by the Ritensa river, Nyr Dyv, and Rift Barrens, this land was ruled before the Greyhawk Wars by the chivalrous order known as the Knights of Holy Shielding. Though a western portion of the Shield Lands were reclaimed in the Great Northern Crusade of 586-588, the majority of the area is still under Iuz's control.
- Cook, David. "History of the Greyhawk Wars." Wars. TSR, 1991. Available Online: 
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins. TSR, 1998.
- Sargent, Carl. The City of Skulls. TSR, 1993.
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes. TSR, 1992.
- Sargent, Carl. Iuz the Evil. TSR, 1993.
- Sargent, Carl. The Marklands. TSR, 1993.