He is the co-leader of the Adults (along with Mr. Boss) and arguably the show's main villain, as well as the legal guardian of the KND's arch-nemeses, the Delightful Children from Down the Lane. A semi-demonic figure, he has a shadow-like body and can generate and manipulate fire (similar to the Human Torch). He made 23 appearances during the show, which makes him the second most recurring villain right next to his Delightful Children.
It is revealed in "Operation Z.E.R.O." that Monty Uno (formerly Numbuh 0) is Father's older brother, making him Nigel Uno's uncle. He is also the son of Grandfather, whose actions lead to the current existence of the KND.
In "Operation: A.R.C.H.I.V.E.," it was thought that Father (referred here as Mr. Wigglestein) was the first adult to oppose children by refusing to let a boy play horsey, and also the first adult to use spanking on children. However, this was disproven with the revealing of Father's true name in "Operation Z.E.R.O." It is possible that Numbuh 1 was just using Father for symbolism, or that Father used the name Mr. Wigglestein to hide his true name and identity. It's also possible that Mr. Wigglestein is, or is somehow related to, Grandfather. It may be that Mr Wigglestein is his ancestor since Operation A.R.C.H.I.V.E. tells us about the dawn of time, where as Operation Z.E.R.O. talks about the 7th age of the KND. Another scenario might be that the Mr Wigglestein in "Operation A.R.C.H.I.V.E.," was actually Grandfather, and he passed down the shadow suit and the name "Father" to his son, Benedict. Or, it may be that the entire story described in A.R.C.H.I.V.E. was mostly made up, either by the KND archivists or by Numbuh One himself.
While he doesn't work for Mr. Boss like many of the other adult villains do, the two are associated with one another (like in "Operation M.O.V.I.E." and "Operation A.F.L.O.A.T.").
His real face was first shown in "Operation A.R.C.H.I.V.E.", and his shown to have a stereotypical nerd appearance. He is later shown moving into the shadows, and transforming into the dark being he is today. In "Operation P.O.O.L," his negative world self, Daddy is again seen with his true appearance. In "Op. Z.E.R.O," we see that Father's shadow form is like a suit and can be torn off (its also what makes his voice deeper and more demonic and the source of his power), but can be regrown if he gets angry enough.
In "C.A.K.E.D.-F.I.V.E.," it was revealed that his great-grandmother lived in the 19th Century, and was the mother of the Annoyingly Cute Triplets Who Lived Upon the Hill. She was a master baker which would mean that she is the grandmother or great aunt of Grandfather, and Father tried to claim one of her recipes from the recently unfrozen Numbuh 19th Century.
Father suffers from an inferiority complex, as Grandfather (who is the ultimate evil adult) favors his brother Monty, as seen in "Operation Z.E.R.O.". He tries to gain the respect and acceptance of his father Grandfather by being extremely evil. However, when confronted with Grandfather's evil, Father lacks the will to stand up for himself. Father has had other traumatic experiences with Grandfather, such as being force-fed broccoli, leading to a life long fear of the vegetable (which eventually led to him using that as one of his attempted plans to force all children to eat broccoli).
Father was one of the four nominees for the Best Villain Award, along with Mr. Boss, Stickybeard, and Gramma Stuffum. It is unknown who won.
|Mrs. Uno||Benedict Uno|
|Delightful Children from Down the Lane|
It is revealed in "Operation Z.E.R.O." that Monty Uno (formerly Numbuh 0) is Father's older brother, making him Nigel Uno's uncle. He is also the son of Grandfather, whose actions lead to the current existence of the KND. Though he is a blood relation to Numbuh 1 and his father, he doesn't share the same British accent. Note also that he isn't the biological father of the Delightful Children, but adopted them after Delightfulizing them.
There is a popular fan theory that Father may actually be the never-seen, apparently either dead or missing father of Numbuh 2 and his brother Tommy (see "Relationships" below); it is at least implied that the two knew each other. However, this theory seems to be contradicted by the events of "Operation Z.E.R.O." In C.A.K.E.D. he tells Numbuh 2 that his father was a loser so it is highly unlikely. Interestingly, if the rumor is correct, this would make Numbuh 1 and Numbuh 2 cousins.
- Upon picking up an autograph book he mistook for the KND code module, he remarks that it has an autograph from numbuh 362 and even comments on its rarity ("T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G.")
- Baking, he admits, is more than just a hobby to him ("C.A.K.E.D-F.O.U.R.")
- After hearing Numbuh 19th-Century's bewilderment at the possibility of cake and ice cream combined, he mutters to Numbuh 86 on the kid's personality. When Numbuh 86 tells him the situation, she even invites him to ask Numbuh 19th-Century a question. When his question gets the promised reaction, he and Numbuh 86 bust up laughing ("C.A.K.E.D-F.I.V.E.")
- Halfway in Numbuh 2's plan, he interrupts by shouting at them to get Sector V to get their vehicle out of his reserved parking space, before commenting on the peach lime pie on Numbuh 5's dessert tray ("A.W.A.R.D.S.")
- Perhaps his biggest Out-of-character moment, when hearing about Knightbrace's intentions of destroying the last box of Rainbow Munchies, Nigel Uno offers him a temporary truce and he actually AGREES (at least until breakfast is finished) ("M.U.N.C.H.I.E.S.")
He may be based off of the Human Torch (he is at least similar to it).
The first name of Benedict comes from Benedict Arnold, reflective of his reluctance to join his brother's resistance against their father.
Father's voice is based on that of Kirk Douglas. He is voiced by Maurice LaMarche (who earlier voiced the Brain and Simion from Dial "M" for monkey and dubbed the voice of Orson Welles in Ed Wood). His true form of Benedict Uno is voiced by Jeff Bennett.
He is the main villain to the KND. He has a peculiar hate for the Gilligan brothers, Numbuh 2 and Tommy (Tommy for foiling his plan along with fellow cadets Sonya and Lee for stopping him from stealing the KND codemodule (T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G.); later in G.R.A.D.U.A.T.E.S. turning him into a jaguar and turning all the KND operatives into humans again), and it has been speculated (from hints in Operation: C.A.K.E.D.-F.O.U.R.) that he knew (or knows) their father, Hoagie Sr., who he calls a loser.
Father even despises his own kids, as proven in Operation: G.R.A.D.U.A.T.E.S., when he made them clean up after all the KND operatives turned into animals.
Pyrokinesis- Can project and control fire (especially when he is angry) When he is angry he shouts (a similar mannerism to the Disney villain Hades).
Face transformation- Has demonstrated the ability to transorm his face into a duplicate of anothers face, complete with their voice.
Duplication- Can create multiple duplicates of himself. However the copies have no physical substance and disappear when hit.
Levitation- Can float a few inches off the ground and hover short distances.
Telekinesis- On occasion Father has been shown moving things other than just fire with his mind.
Since he is a villain with fire powers, cold objects such as ice-cream seem to be his weak point. Numbuh One and Numbuh Four both defeated him by using ice-cream (Operation GROW-UP and MOVIE). However, in Operation ZERO he was seen eating ice-cream (Possibly because when Father is on hold to ice cream, the effect negates.) On other occasions he was defeated by water, cake or boogers.
Episodes in which he is prominentEdit
Operation: G.R.O.W.-U.P.-debut; fights Sector V
Operation Video Game.
- Operation: G.R.O.W.-U.P.: Bravo, Mr. Uno, you skillfully managed to outwit a bunch of children. Question is: Do you have what it takes to play with the big boys?! We Wo'nt Be Needing Toys Now Will We Mr Uno.
- Operation: T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G.: (after one of henchmen informs that the safe is locked) Oh Really Well, let's just go home and OF COURSE IT'S LOCKED!! Just Go Already And You Can Forget A Christmas Bonus Pal.
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.: (after Monty removes his shadow suit) And you're supposed to be the smart one. I'm your dad's brother, Benedict, your uncle.
Numbuh 1: Mmmm... My? My? My uncle?
Benedict Uno: Yes, the one who wouldn't join him after he found the Book of KND. Blah, blah, blah. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Numbuh 1:But if you're my uncle, that makes Grandfather my grandfather!
Benedict Uno: What are you? President of the Obvious Club or something?
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.: (explaining of the DCFDTL being Sector Z) You mean something went terribly right! My first Delighfulization chamber blew up a fuse, increasing it's power eleventy billion fold!
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.: (after Grandfather saws a ship to think that Benedict would run away from him) I don't really know, Monty. Maybe I should've been on that ship. Pappy's gonna be awfully sore.
Monty Uno: Nonsense, Ben. We can do this together like we should have done years ago. (Ben smiles and grabs Monty's hand to agree with him of fighting Grandfather)
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.: (after Grandfather refers to Monty) Oh, Pappy! That's not fair What About Me Iam In This Family Too And Iam Pretty Evil I Wreck Of Evil I Lead Uh Oh!
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.: (after getting pushed aside by Grandfather by one of his laser attacks) "You...big...JERK!" (he recreates his shadowed body that was pulled off earlier in Operation Z.E.R.O.) "Now you've made me angry!" (he engulfs himself in a gigantic fire, which grows with every "very" and scares everyone including Grandfather)' "Very, very, VERY--" (the fire suddenly sputters out and Father gives up) "Ah forget it." (as he walks away) "You can wrestle with Pappy yourself, Monty. I'm gonna go get some rocky road."
- Operation: I.T.: (after Numbuh 2 tags him) "Oh no. Looks like I'M it!" Oh No You Do'nt You're Trying To Get Me To Say Tag And Then Touch You So I Wo'nt Leader Anymore Well Iam Not Fallin For That Buddy Boy Iam The Leader Of The Kids Next Door And I'm Gonna Stay Leader At Least Until I Fed Your Miserable Treehouses Into Enough Brocelli To Feed Every Kid In The World Eight Meals A Day With The Stuff
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.: (after having his mansion destroyed by the impact of the KND moonbase) "I hate everyone"
- Operation Interviews Iam Not Happy Finding You Kids In My House I Guess I'll Have To Redo The Floors
- Operation Awards Hey You Stop Right There Thought You Can Sneak By Me Eh Well I Want Your Stupid Catering Vehicle Out Of My Parking Spot Pronto Let Me Tell You Somethin The Next Time I See Stickybeard Here He Had Better Run To His Candy Closet Because Iam Not Prosugarin The Hurt Hes Going To Get.
- In Various Episodes : "Silence!"
- Operation Video Game Excellent Work My Evil Apprentice The Day Is Almost Upon Us My Delightful Children Soon The Kids Next Door Will Be No More. No My Brilliant Plan Has Been Ruined Again By Those Blasted Rotten Kids Next Door.
- Operation Caked Five Whats Going On Here You Did This You've Ruined Everything Well I'll Make Sure You Do'nt Ruin Anything Ever Again.
Character Type: Archenemy of the KND
KNDanger Rating: 12.0
Age: Likely in his late 30s
Crimes (Offenses caused): Sabotoging the Arctic Base while searching for the Code Module (TRAINING), Turning the KND into animals (GRADUATES), Making kids his secret ingredient of the cake (CAKED-FOUR), turning the members of KND sector Z into the Delightful Children from Down the Lane (revealed in Z.E.R.O., but occurred much earlier)
Failed Plans: Entrapping the Japanese KND (TRIP), getting his hands on the Code Module (T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G.), making kids the secret ingredient of his cake (C.A.K.E.D.-F.O.U.R.), gaining the recipe of his great-grandmother's cake (C.A.K.E.D.-F.I.V.E.), becoming KND Supreme Leader and using his position as a front to turn all KND treehouses into broccoli (I.T.) attempting to form an alliance with Grandfather (Z.E.R.O.)
Friends: Anyone who works for him. He may be close friends with Principal Smelling, because the Ice Cream Men serve them as their minions.
Enemies: The KND (especially his nephew), Grandfather, Tommy Gilligan
Current Status: Active.
Close Relatives: DCFDTL, ITFBTM, Numbuh 1, Numbuh Zero aka Monty Uno, Grandfather, Numbuh 10, Mrs. Uno
Intelligence: Way above average.