|Show:||Phineas and Ferb|
|Interests:||Mechanics, building (construction), and music|
|Voiced By:||Thomas Sangster|
|Pet:||Perry the Platypus|
Personality & BackgroundEdit
Ferb is a very quiet boy, although he isn't exactly shy. In Rollercoaster, Phineas explains that Ferb is "a man of action". Ferb is incredibly intelligent, particularly in the fields of mechanics, building (construction) and music. Ferb doesn't say much, but he is always willing to help with Phineas' grand schemes, including singing back-up nonsense vocals in a deep Afro-American voice in Flop Starz, as well as rapping Reggae-style in a Rastafarian voice in Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror!. Ferb doesn't speak very often, but when he does, he speaks in a matter-of-fact manner. Like his father Lawrence, Ferb also speaks with a relatively-light British accent. Ferb typically states obscure-but-interesting factoids. Ferb usually speaks one or two lines per episode. To date, Ferb speaks his longest line when explaining to his step-mother why Candace is covered in mud in It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World:
- Phineas Flynn: Phineas and Ferb are seemingly inseparable. Phineas is the dreamer of the duo and devises their grandoise schemes. Ferb usually goes along with Phineas to great lengths by helping him mechanically or musically. Also, in A Hard Day's Knight, Phineas said that Ferb has "incredibly long willowy legs", despite being hidden by his pant legs. Phineas often speaks for both himself and Ferb, acting as his step brother's mouthpiece.
- Candace Flynn: Even though Candace is his step-sister, Ferb treats her as if they were really related. He helped carve her face into Mt. Rushmore for her birthday, edited her horrible acting take, and filmed her "Mom, It's Your Birthday" song. He does correct or comment about her on several occasions.
- Linda Flynn: Linda is Ferb's step-mother. In Dude, We're Gettin' the Band Back Together!, it is revealed that she fell in love with his father at a Love Händel concert. Ferb is very nice to her.
- Lawrence Fletcher: Lawrence is Ferb's father. He and his father are from Britian and have a relatively-light British accent.
- Perry the Platypus: Pet of Phineas and Ferb. Perry is shown in many episodes that he will do anything to save Phineas and Ferb. Ferb allows Perry the Platypus sleep on his bed as shown in Traffic Cam-Caper. Due to Ferb's laconism, it is unknown if he suspects anything about Perry.
- Isabella Garcia-Shapiro: Isabella is a friend of both Phineas and Ferb's and helps them whenever possible. Isabella seems to have a small crush on Phineas and frequently follows him around, thus being friends with Ferb as well.
- Vanessa Doofenshmirtz: In the episode I Scream, You Scream, it is revealed that Ferb is infatuated with Dr. Doofenschmirtz's daughter after he accidentally confuses the blueprints for an ice cream sundae machine with those of a death ray.
- Buford: Ferb is an on-and-off enemy of Buford the neighborhood bully. Ferb gave Buford the vulcan nerve pinch after Buford "was all up in his face".
Ferb is amazingly skilled with mechanics and music. He nearly single-handily built a roller coaster and its track, a radio-controlled race car, several arenas and stadiums, a death ray (which was supposed to be an ice cream machine), a monster truck, a shrinking submarine, and a time machine. In Unfair Science Fair: the Return it is revealed that Ferb can speak 'martian'.