Heavy Load is the name of several characters from the Transformers universes.
Transformers: Robots in DisguiseEdit
Recolor Heavy Load toy
|Japanese name||Build Typhoon|
|Partner||Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge|
|Motto||"Megatron's plans will crumble like sand."|
|Alternate Modes||Dump Truck|
|Series||Transformers: Robots in Disguise|
|English voice actor||Daran Norris|
|Japanese voice actor||Yoshikazu Nagano|
A dump truck Autobot and member of the Build Team, Heavy Load is the strongest member of the group. Heavy Load has thick body armor, making him a formidable opponent for any Decepticon. While he may be large, he is a graceful martial artist with incredible strength. 
In addition to their use of elemental-based attacks, each "adult" member of the Build Team provides a specific style of attack which each member bring to his specific version (based on who becomes the arms) of Landfill. Hightower/Build Cyclone's strength is powerful offensive attacks. Heavy Load/Build Typhoon brings martial arts and strong defenses, while Grimlock/Build Hurricane provides an even mix of offense and defense.
Heavy Load first appeared in episode #18 "Wedge's Short Fuse" and last appeared in episode #38 "The Final Battle Part 2."
Robots in Disguise Heavy Load (in Wal-Mart yellow repaint colors) appeared in the 2004 BotCon voice actor play.
Play Synopsis: Rhinox has built a device to deflect Unicron's attempts to pull victims from other dimensions with his tractor beam. The Autobots deflect two attempts and the victims end up on a frozen planetoid instead of with Unicron. Maximals Rattrap and Silverbolt and the Predacon Waspinator are sent to help the victims, but Reptilion, Sunstorm, Ruination and Universe Perceptor are sent to get them for Unicron. As a side effect of the device Rhinox built, a vortex opens which sucks in an Autobot shuttle from the past piloted by Bumblebee, Tracks and Cosmos. Thrust attacks the Maximal ship, but they are saved by being transported to the Autobot shuttle. The Autobots and Maximals then go to the planet where they save the victims from the Decepticons. On the planet are two groups of Autobots. One is from the Robots in Disguise story, with Landfill (Walmart recolor), Universe Side Burn and Universe Prowl. The other is from another parallel world with Spy Changer Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Prowl and Ironhide. They all fight off the Decepticons. The Autobot shuttle is sent back to its own time.
- Car Robots Deluxe Build Cyclone (2000)
- Heavy Load's first toy is actually Japan's Build Typhoon, part of its Transformers: Car Robots line in 2000.
- Robots in Disguise Deluxe Heavy Load (2001)
- When Heavy Load (the American equivalent) was released in 2001, mold and paint colors were slightly altered. The most noticeable differences are the lack of metallic elements used on the Build Team's American bodies, and the tampographing of Autobot insignias on each Build Team member. (Previously, only Build Boy/Wedge carried an insignia.)
- Robots in Disguise Deluxe Heavy Load Redeco (2003)
- Heavy Load was later recolored in yellow by Hasbro in 2003 for an Wal*Mart store exclusive and was packaged with his team. Although packages as part of Robots in Disguise many fans consider it to be an unofficial part of theTransformers: Universe toy line by being released during the Universe time period. It is the last released toy of the RiD series before it was changed to Universe. This version of the Build Team appeared in the Transformers: Universe storyline presented at the BotCon 2005 voice actor play.
Cybertron Heavy Load toy
|Japanese name||Bull Bull|
|Alternate Modes||Bulldozer/Dump Truck|
Heavy Load acts as conscience for Menasor. He doesn't wish to rebel against the laws of his planet like Menasor, but he does sympathize with Menasor's point of view and went with him to take care of him.
Heavy Load first appeared in episode #46, called "Optimus". In that episode Menasor defeated Metroplex in single combat, but Drill Bit and Heavy Load pleaded with Menasor to not finish of Metroplex. Appealing to Menasor to remember the past the rebelious youth rejoined Metroplex's side and allied himself with the Autobots. 
In the final episode of Transformers: Cybertron, "Beginning", Optimus Prime proposed a new Space Bridge project using the power of the four Cyber Planet Keys and the four great Cybertronian ships. Many Autobots and former Decepticons joined in the project. Leaving Jetfire in charge of Cybertron, Optimus Prime lead the Atlantis with the Earth Cyber Planet Key, joined by Red Alert, Safeguard, Scattorshot, Leobreaker, Menasor and Heavy Load. 
A biography for Heavy Load was printed in the Transformers Collectors' Club magazine #15. 
- Cybertron Ultra Menasor with Mini-Con Heavy Load (2006)
- A new mold. This toy was never release in the Japanese Galaxy Force toy line, except as an imported U.S. release.
Universe Heavy Load toy
|Alternate Modes||Cement Truck|
Heavy Load Decepticon who turns into a cement truck. He has a Mini-Con partner named Drill Bit. He is a chemist who tries out new poisons on Autobot captives.
Some news sources initially mistakenly reported his name as Heavy Duty.
Unlike most characters in the Universe Classic Series Heavy Load isn't based on any previous Generation 1 series.
- Universe Voyager Heavy Load with Mini-Con Drill Bit (2008)
- A redeco of Cybertron Quickmix was first displayed at the 2008 New York Toy Fair.  He come with a giant planet cyber key repainted yellow and green to match his colors.
A bust of Heavy Load appeared in Master Yoketron's dojo as a member of ther Cyber Ninja Corps in the Transformers: Animated episode "Five Servos of Doom" during a flashback of Prowl's training during the Great War. Heavy Load looks mainly like a bulldozer with a head.
- ↑ Heavy Load (Autobot Build Team, Transformers: Robots In Disguise)
- ↑ Heavy Load - Transformers: Cybertron - Toy Gallery
- ↑ Transformers: Cybertron episode "Optimus"
- ↑ Transformers: Cybertron episode "Beginning"
- ↑ Transformers Collectors' Club magazine #15
- ↑ [Ny Toy Fair Preview] Transformers Universe Classics : News
- ↑ http://twitter.com/DerrickJWyatt/statuses/1433219526
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|