InMediaRes Productions, LLC was founded in 2003 by Loren and Heather Coleman & Tara and Randall N. Bills with the express purpose of licensing the rights to publish new, canon Classic BattleTech fiction to the Internet from WizKids. Wizkids granted this license to IMR in the fall of 2003, which directly led to the creation of BattleCorps in August 2004. In 2005, IMR announced its intentions to branch out into Shadowrun fiction and established Holostreets with the intention of doing for Shadowrun what had been done for BattleTech. IMR hopes to have Holostreets up and running by 2008.
On April 20, 2007, IMR announced that it was in negotiations with WizKids and FanPro to acquire the licenses for Classic BattleTech and Shadowrun, as FanPro's licenses were set to expire. On May 17, 2007, IMR announced the creation of Catalyst Game Labs in preparation for the acquisition of the licenses. As of mid 2007 Catalyst began releasing new sourcebooks for both lines. (In PDF first followed by print)
Heather Coleman serves as IMR's executive manager, while Loren is the submissions editor for BattleCorps.
- ↑ I-CON: Randall N. Bills Accessed 9 October 2007
- ↑ InMediaRes Productions, LLC and WizKids, Inc in talks for rights to publish Classic BattleTech fiction. (©2002–2007 WizKids Inc.)
- ↑ InMediaRes Productions, LLC (BattleCorps.com)
- ↑ SOLA and HoloStreets (ShadowrunRPG.com, August 27, 2005)
- ↑ FanPro FAQ (v1.0, FanProGames.com, December 1, 2006)
- ↑ InMediaRes Productions LLC. Enters Negotiations For The Classic Battletech And Shadowrun Licenses From WizKids Inc. (BattleCorps.com, April 20, 2007)
- ↑ InMediaRes Productions, LLC, Forms Imprint: Catalyst Game Labs (BattleCorps.com, May 17, 2007)