|Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace|
|Directed by||Ryuta Tasaki|
|Produced by|| Ishimori Productions |
|Written by||Toshiki Inoue|
|Starring|| Takayuki Tsubaki|
|Distributed by||Toei Co. Ltd|
|Release date(s)||September 11, 2004|
|Running time||90 min Theatrical|
|Preceded by||Kamen Rider 555: Paradise Lost|
|Followed by||Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki|
Kamen Rider Blade The Movie: Missing Ace (劇場版 仮面ライダー剣 MISSING ACE Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Bureido Misshingu Ēsu ) is the theatrical film adaptation of the Japanese 2004 Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Blade, directed by Hidenori Ishida and Katsuya Watanabe and written by Toshiki Inoue.
The film is produced by Ishimori Productions and Toei, the producers of all the previous television series and films of the Kamen Rider series. Following the tradition of all Heisei Kamen Rider movies, it is a double bill with the movie for 2004's Super Sentai series Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: Full Blast Action, both of which premiered on September 11, 2004. The film's title is translated into English as Masked Rider Blade The Movie: Missing Ace.
Four years after an alternate ending to the series, in which Blade seals the Joker, the characters have moved on with their lives: Kenzaki is a garbage man, Mutsuki has graduated high school, and Kotarō has published a book about the Kamen Riders to great success, but on Amane's upcoming birthday, it was revealed that she has become a delinquent without the emotional support of Hajime. The Undead have been re-released, and a new trio of Kamen Riders—Glaive, Larc and Lance—have emerged from BOARD, now led by Tachibana. After recapturing two of the Category Aces, Kenzaki and Mutsuki join with the new Riders. When all the Undead are sealed once more, Glaive reveals himself to be the Albino Joker, a white version of the original Joker, and captures Kotarō's niece to obtain the ultimate power, sealing her in the Vanity Card. In order to free Amane from the card, Hajime is unsealed from the Joker Card and the four Riders are again united, intent on saving Amane and stopping the Albino Joker.
Movie-exclusive Kamen Riders Edit
Kamen Rider Glaive Edit
Kamen Rider Glaive (仮面ライダーグレイブ Kamen Raidā Gureibu ) is the alter ego of Junichi Shimura. Like Hajime Aikawa, he is a Joker Undead. He is a white, red, and pink joker, as opposed to Aikawa's appearance as a black and green, because of this, he is often referred to as the Albino Joker (アルビノジョーカー Arubino Jōkā ). When the previous fight ended with Kenzaki sealing Hajime, he rose out of the shadows. The first step in his plan was to release all of the Undeads again. He did this after attacking Karasuma who had the rouze cards in his possession. Time passes, and he eventually joins BOARD, which is now operated by Sakuya Tachibana. He takes up the role of Kamen Rider Glaive, being the new Blade. He is armed with the Glaive Rouzer, a modified version of the Blade Rouzer. He then recruits two subordinates to help him, Shin Magaki and Miwa Natsumi after saving them from Peacock Undead. When all the Undeads are sealed, he kills his own subordinates and disguises himself as Shin to fool the other riders, but Shiori figures out Shimura's plan and he is exposed. His plan is to obtain the power of Jashin 14 using the Vanity Card, his main target is Amane Kurihara because it's revealed that her father entered the location of Jashin 14, so only one of his blood can be sacrificed. During the fight with the Albino Roaches, Kenzaki tells Mutsuki to unseal Hajime, which he does. With Hajime released, he goes out and protects Amane and takes her to safety. Shimura catches up with them and Hajime turns into Black Joker to fight Shimura; unfortunately, still exhausted after being unsealed, Shimura defeats him. In some magazines, there are shots of the Albino Joker wielding a red scythe at the location of this scene; however, this weapon was never seen in the movie. He then uses the Evolution King cards to create the Vanity Card and seals Amane in it. He then goes on to revive Jashin 14 by inserting it into an ancient tablet fusing with the rouze beast to obtain its power. He then appears to the riders in his new form and attempts to kill them. Hajime has a plan to free Amane and stop Shimura. He trades places with Amane and tells Kenzaki to destroy the tablet. Kenzaki hesitates knowing he'll kill Hajime, but Hajime convinces him and destroys it. This results in Shimura being weakened. Kenzaki then changes into King Form and uses his Royal Straight Flush attack to split Jashin, thus Shinmura dies in the explosion that ensured from the monster's death. His name, "glaive", refers to the French word glaive as his arsenal is based on Blade's.
Glaive Deck Edit
- Change Keroberos : Henshin Card.
- Mighty Gravity: His attack card; initiates Gravity Slash, which is the equivalent of Blade's Category 2, Slash Lizard; but has the power of Blade's Lightning Slash.
Kamen Rider Larc Edit
Kamen Rider Larc (仮面ライダーラルク Kamen Raidā Raruku ) is the alter ego of Natsumi Miwa. Natsumi Miwa originally applied as an office worker, but was berated by the boss. As a result, she knocked him out after having enough of his words. She was handpicked, along with Shin Magaki (Kamen Rider Lance), by Shimura Junichi (Kamen Rider Glaive) to become the New Generation Riders for BOARD to capture the Undead released by the Albino Joker. She is armed with the L'arc Rouzer, a crossbow. Her weapon is based on the Garren Rouser and the Chalice Arrow. Her primary finisher is Ray Bullet, a supercharged energy arrow. She was killed by the Albino Joker shortly after all the Category King Undeads had been resealed. Her rider name, "Larc", may come from the French words "l'arc" which means "the bow", being the replacement of Chalice, as well as Garren, for the team's long range fighter.
Larc Deck Edit
- Change Keroberos (Red): Henshin Card; unlike the other Change cards, it is artificial.
- Mighty Ray: Her attack card, initiates Ray Bullet, which is the equivalent of Garren's Category 2, Bullet Armadillo and the Chalice Arrow; but has the power of Garren's Burning Shot.
Kamen Rider Lance Edit
Kamen Rider Lance (仮面ライダーランス Kamen Raidā Ransu ) is the alter ego of Shin Magaki, who was originally working as a waiter until he was fired after knocking out a rude customer. He was handpicked, along with Miwa Natsumi (Kamen Rider Larc), by Junichi Shimura, also known as Kamen Rider Glaive, to become the New Generation Riders for BOARD to capture the Undead released by the Albino Joker. He is armed with the Lance Rouzer, a large spear. He is based on Kamen Rider Leangle, down to his Rouser. His primary finisher is Impact Stab, where his Rouser's tip is powered up and is used to slash and stab opposing Undead with pure force. The attack is activated when the Rouse card, Mighty Impact is roused. He is attacked by the Albino Joker and is mortally wounded, his last act before dying was giving Shiori two cards, a Jack and Four, which gave her clues to identifying Junichi Shimura/Kamen Rider Glaive as his assailant.
Lance Deck Edit
- Change Keroberos (Green): Henshin Card; unlike the other Change cards, it is artificial.
- Mighty Impact: His attack card; initiates Impact Stab, which is the equivalent of Leangle's Category 2, Stab Bee, but has the power of Leangle's Blizzard Venom. He swipes the card into the card reader and a projection appears. He then absorbs the card projection using his Lance Rouzer and stabs it into the enemy or slashes them.
- Kazuma Kenzaki: Takayuki Tsubaki (椿 隆之 Tsubaki Takayuki )
- Sakuya Tachibana: Hironari Amano (天野 浩成 Amano Hironari )
- Hajime Aikawa: Ryōji Morimoto (森本 亮治 Morimoto Ryōji )
- Mutsuki Kamijō: Takahiro Hōjō (北条 隆博 Hōjō Takahiro )
- Shiori Hirose: Yumi Egawa (江川 有未 Egawa Yumi )
- Kotarō Shirai: Terunosuke Takezai (竹財 輝之助 Takezai Terunosuke )
- Haruka Kurihara: Kaori Yamaguchi (山口 香緒里 Yamaguchi Kaori )
- Amane Kurihara (child): Hikari Kajiwara (梶原 ひかり Kajiwara Hikari )
- Amane Kurihara (teen): Miku Ishida (石田 未来 Ishida Miku )
- Nozomi Yamanaka: Arisa Miyazawa (宮澤 亜理沙 Miyazawa Arisa )
- Kei Karasuma: Kazuhiro Yamaji (山路 和弘 Yamaji Kazuhiro )
- Junichi Shimura: Yuki Kuroda (黒田 勇樹 Kuroda Yūki )
- Natsumi Miwa: Yoko Mitsuya (三津谷 葉子 Mitsuya Yoko )
- Shin Magaki: Takao Sugiura (杉浦太雄 Sugiura Takao )
- Baba: Masayuki Izumi (泉 政行 Izumi Masayuki , Cameo)
- Hanada: Katsuyuki Murai (村井 克行 Murai Katsuyuki , Cameo)
- Security Guard: Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru , Cameo)
- Voice of Rouzer: Takeshi Sasaki (佐々木 健 Sasaki Takeshi )
- Voice of King Rouzer: Fumihiko Tachiki (立木 文彦 Tachiki Fumihiko )
- Narrator: Jūrōta Kosugi (小杉 十郎太 Kosugi Jūrōta )
Suit actors Edit
- Kamen Rider Blade: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji )
- Kamen Rider Garren: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi )
- Kamen Rider Chalice: Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto )
- Kamen Rider Leangle: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō ), Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun )
- Theme song
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Miki Fushisue
- Composition: RIDER CHIPS & Cher Watanabe
- Artist: RIDER CHIPS featuring Ricky
- After his performance in "ELEMENTS," Ricky was made RIDER CHIPS' permanent vocalist.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|