In an effort to better equip the growing membership of the Legion of Super-Heroes, the United Planets agreed to provide funding for the Legion Academy. Its purpose is to provide training for prospective members of the Legion, whose powers (or skill in utilizing their powers) might not have fully developed. Additionally, the Academy assists heroes from various U.P. worlds, including individuals who have no desire to become Legionnaires.
Other Academy students have included:
- Comet Queen (Grava) — Emits gaseous discharges; flies at super speed.
- Laurel Kent — Believed to be a direct descendant of Superman, she apparently inherited only his invulnerability. It was later discovered that she was actually a Manhunter robot, and had been waiting over a thousand years to reveal herself and carry out her mission: to destroy the so-called "New Guardians" gathered in the late 20th century by a Guardian of the Universe (named Herupa Hando Hu) and a Zamaron (named Nadia Safir).
- Crystal Kid (Bobb Kohan) — Able to form crystal and crystalline structures.
- Karate Kid II (Myg) — Master of all known forms of the martial arts and hand-to-hand combat, second only to his predecessor, Val Armorr. He was eventually murdered by Radiation Roy of the Legion of Super-Villains.
- Lamprey (Tayla Skott) — Able to swim and breath underwater, and to emit strong electrical discharges.
- Nightwind (Berta Skye Haris) — Creates powerful winds.
- Power Boy (Jedediah Rikane) — Possesses super strength.
- Shadow Kid (Grev Mallor) — Cousin of Shadow Lass. Possesses the ability to emit fields of darkness. Left the Academy to return to this homeworld of Talok VIII as planetary champion.
- Mandalla (Tari Wahlmunn) - Possesses psionic and illusion casting abilities. She was actually a resident of Takron-Galtos, as her mother was an inmate.
- Westerner (Timothy Sartoza) - Possesses the ability to draw strength and endurance from those around him. This power has been passed down through his family for generations.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|