Lifestyle Design is the design of one's ideal lifestyle, especially an unconventional one, providing good opportunities for personal growth, leisure and adventure. Detailed methods include: career planning, entrepreneurship and travel.
The term Lifestyle Design (LD) was coined and popularized by Timothy Ferriss in his book The 4-Hour Workweek. Ferriss claims that "People don't want to be millionaires—they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."
The New Rich (NR) are a subculture of people who abandon the "deferred-life plan" and create ideal lifestyles in the present using the currencies of Lifestyle Design: time and mobility. The New Rich focus on 1) Definition of desired lifestyle, 2) Elimination of the irrelevant and unimportant, 3) Automation of cash flow, and 4) Liberation from any single location.
- ↑ Oliver Burkeman (12 September 2009), This column will change your life, The Guardian, http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/sep/12/change-your-life-nine-to-five
- ↑ Timothy Ferriss (2007), The 4 Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich, Crown Publishers New York, http://www.amazon.com/4-Hour-Workweek-Escape-Live-Anywhere/dp/0307353133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260938233&sr=8-1
- Experiments in Lifestyle Design, Blog of Tim Ferriss
- What is Lifestyle Design?
- The Art of Lifestyle Design
- Reach Your Dreams With Lifestyle Design
- Lifestyle Design: The Experiences You Want to Have
- Lifestyle Design :: What Is a Four Hour Work Week?
- Lifestyle Design - Free eBooks from lifestyle design celebrity
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|