This article presents a list of Neopet species. Neopets is a virtual pet website launched in 1999 and sold soon after to Viacom for $160 million USD. Neopets is based around the virtual pets that inhabit the virtual world of Neopia. Visitors can create an account and take care of up to four virtual pets, buying them food, toys, clothes, and other accessories using a virtual currency called Neopoints earned through playing games, investing in the game's stock market, trading, and winning contests. Neopets, Inc. produces and sells a wide variety of Neopets merchandise, such as plushies, stickers, notebooks, three video games and a trading card game.
Shoyru--A dragon-like neopet. It has two wings and a crest on its head.
- The Shoyru is the most popular Neopet
Kacheek--A vaguely rabbit-like species with downward-pointing ears, small eyes, and a long tail.
- The Kacheek is the second most popular neopet
Kougra--A tiger-like species with four legs, blue stripes, a long tail and two wild cat-like ears.
- The Kougra is the third most popular neopet
Nimmo--A froglike species, often seen in a lotus position, with two eyes and froglike features. They are described as quiet and serene.
Scorchio--A dragon-like species with smaller wings and eyes than the Shopyru. It has spikes running down its back to the tip of its tail.
Jubjub--A walking ball of fuzz. The Jubjub has two eyes, a mouth, two feet, and lots of hair.
Grarrl--A dinosaur-like species that walks upright and has sharp teeth.
- ↑ "Neopets - About Us". http://www.neopets.com/aboutus.phtml. Retrieved 2007-04-27. "The site was launched on November 15 1999."
- ↑ "Viacom agrees to buy Neopets". Reuters. 2005-06-20. http://infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1147093.cms. Retrieved 2007-04-27. "Viacom Inc has agreed to buy children's web company Neopets, Inc in a deal valued at $160 million, the media reported on Sunday."