||This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (January 2011)
This is a list of telecom companies operating in the city of Solapur in India. The city has basic landline operators as well as cell phone operators. Land line numbers are 7 digits long, whereas those of GSM/CDMA cellular operators are 10 digits long.
Land Line Edit
- BSNL: The largest and oldest operator in the telephone business in the government owned BHARAT Sanchar Nigam Limited(BSNL). BSNL phone numbers start with the prefix '2'.
- Tata Indicom: (Formerly Hughes Telecom)A new entrant, it has garnered sizable subscribers. Tata Indicom is a relatively new player taking over Hughes Telecom in 2002. Its numbers start with '5'.
- Reliance Infocomm: Reliance Infocomm is the largest mobile operator in India. Apart from mobile services, they also provide fixed wireless phones and fixed wireless terminals.
GSM Operators Edit
- Idea : The largest GSM operator in Maharashtra is Idea. It has a large user base and has a large network. Idea numbers start with '9820' or '9819' and are 10 digits long.
- Loop Mobile: Loop mobile is a veteran in mobile telephony. However, it is not as large as Idea. Loop mobile numbers start with '9821' or '9870' and are 10 digits long.
- AirTel: Airtel started operations in Mumbai in 2002-2003. It has rapidly grown in numbers since then. Airtel has the advantage of being a national player. Airtel is owned by Bharti Group. Airtel numbers start with '9892' and are 10 digits long.
- BSNL: CellOne is the GSM branch of BSNL. It is state owned and is the smallest player among the GSM companies.
- Reliance GSM: Reliance launched its GSM Services in Mumbai and Maharastra.
- TATA DOCOMO: Tata tele services and NTT DOCOMO in a joint venture have launch GSM service called TATA DOCOMO.
- Aircel: Aircel launched its GSM services in 2009 in Maharastra circle.
CDMA operations make use of Wireless Local Loop (WLL). CDMA operations were launched in 2002.
- Reliance Infocomm: Reliance Infocomm is the largest mobile operator in India. It has a huge user base and extends to small towns. Operations started in 2003. Numbers start with '93' and are 10 digits long.
- Tata Indicom: Tata Indicom, like Reliance also offers CDMA connections. Tata now has operations on a national scale. Numbers start with '92' and are 10 digits long.