Michelle Franzen is a national correspondent for NBC News. She has reported on a wide range of issues and events for various television stations, as well as MSNBC, The Today Show, and NBC Nightly News. Franzen has a journalism degree from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California.
In 1996, Franzen began working as a fill-in weekend anchor for KTXL in Sacramento, California. In 1995, Franzen joined KFTY in Santa Rosa, California as a general assignment reporter. Before that, she worked as a producer, anchor, and reporter at Santa Barbara's KEYT station. After leaving KFTY, Franzen became a reporter for KRON in San Francisco. In 2001, she moved to New York, where her husband had accepted a new job.
Franzen is a member of the advisory board for the journalism department of California Polytechnic State University.
- ↑ "Cal Poly Pocket Facts". California Polytechnic State University. http://www.calpolynews.calpoly.edu/news_releases/Pocket-Facts.pdf. Retrieved August 26, 2010.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "On the Move". The Press Democrat (PressDemocrat.com). February 12, 1995. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=0EAFECA0CAED4E11&p_docnum=1&s_dlid=DL0110082603190305159&s_ecproduct=SUB-FREE&s_ecprodtype=INSTANT&s_trackval=GooglePM&s_siteloc=&s_referrer=&s_subterm=Subscription%20until%3A%2012%2F14%2F2015%2011%3A59%20PM&s_docsbal=%20&s_subexpires=12%2F14%2F2015%2011%3A59%20PM&s_docstart=&s_docsleft=&s_docsread=&s_username=santarosa&s_accountid=AC0105061516020614723&s_upgradeable=no. Retrieved August 26, 2010.
- ↑ "PHOENIX RECRUITS SACRAMENTO TALENT: FOX 40 ANCHOR MITCH TRUSWELL MOVES ON". The Sacramento Bee (The Sacramento Bee). June 4, 1996. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SB&p_theme=sb&p_action=search&p_text_direct-0=0EB045F13586345F&p_field_direct-0=document_id. Retrieved August 26, 2010.
- ↑ Mann, Bill (July 8, 2001). "HBO TO AIR DOCUMENTARY ON GAYS IN NAZI GERMANY ``PARAGRAPH 175 AN ACCLAIMED FILM DETAILING PERSECUTION OF HOMOSEXUALS". The Press Democrat (The Press Democrat). http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SA&p_theme=sa&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0ED730E3A7DB340F&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved August 26, 2010.
- ↑ Advisory Board - Journalism Department - Cal Poly-SLO[dead link]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|