|Show:||Phineas and Ferb|
|Date of Purchase||June 5, 2004|
|Voiced By:||Dee Bradley Baker|
|Owners:||Phineas Flynn, Ferb Fletcher, Candace Flynn, Linda Flynn, Lawrence Fletcher|
Perry the Platypus is an anthropomorphic platypus who belongs to Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher in the Disney Channel cartoon, Phineas and Ferb. Unbeknownst to his owners, Perry leads a double life as a secret agent named "Agent P". Perry enters his lair under the house through many tube systems, the "Chimneyvator" (an elevator in the chimney) and many other entrances. Perry fights the mad scientist Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz and always accomplishes his mission to thwart the doctor's plans. A running gag in the series involves his missions accidentally concealing evidence of Phineas and Ferb's activities. Perry seems unable to speak, but like all platypi, he can make a growling noise or a teeth chattering sound that he uses at random times.
Perry acts almost unaware of his surroundings when he is around his owners, but this monotreme is smarter than he looks. He cares for his owners, as seen in episodes Journey to the Center of Candace, Traffic Cam-Caper, and The Ballad of Badbeard. He seems to know the way out of any situation, as anytime Dr. Doofenshmirtz captures him, he easily escapes and he has a hat. Whenever someone (usually Phineas) inquires about Perry, this is a lead-in to Perry's missions. At the end when Perry returns, someone (usually Phineas) says, "Oh, there you are, Perry!" In Oil on Candice it's revealed that when he's alone at home he likes to watch soap operas.
- Phineas Flynn
While for most of the series Perry's relationship to Phineas is unknown, In the episode Journey to the Center of Candace, he attacks Dr. Doofenshmirtz with unbridled fury when he realizes that the doctor's "Make Up Your Mind-inator" will destroy Phineas and Ferb. and in Ready for the Bettys he protects Phineas and Ferb (at the same time trying to protect his secret identity) then drops them in Isabella's pool. Once, in the episode Toy To The World, Phineas saw Perry as "Agent P" without realizing it; Perry was mistaken as another figure.
- Ferb Fletcher
Perry's relationship to Ferb is possibly the same as Phineas. It is also hinted in the episode Candace Loses Her Head that Ferb may own him seeing as how Candace drops him on his lap saying "This is yours, I believe." Perry also slept on top of Ferb in Traffic Cam-Caper.
- Candace Flynn
Perry pulls Candace out of an exploding cavern in the episode The Ballad of Badbeard, meaning that he cares for her. However, in the episode Candace Loses Her Head, she gives Perry to Phineas and Ferb in the morning and says "this is yours, I believe". However, in the episode Mom's Birthday, in the end, she says, "Where have you been, Perry? You missed all the fun." She says this while petting him, meaning she cares for him. Also in the episode Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?, she wakes up to find Perry is sleeping in her bed and takes him to Phineas and Ferb to complain about it. Later in the episode, she states that being a Platypus is gross, and then vomits when she finds out that the food Jeremy had been feeding her was worms and insect larvae (the basic food of all well-rounded platypi).
Perry is Dr. Doofenshmirtz's archenemy. In the episode "It's About Time!" when Dr. Doofenshmirtz replaces Perry with a new nemesis, Peter the Panda, Perry feels upset; this shows that Perry and Dr. Doofenshmirtz love to hate each other. They are very bad enemies. The Perry-Doofenshmirtz relationship is described as a relationship in which the two neglect each other's abilities.
- Major Monogram
Major Monogram is Perry's boss who tells Perry what he needs to do on his missions. In the episode Jerk de Soleil, Major Monogram pranks Perry by taking his picture while dressed in silly circus garb. Major Monogram then tells Karl, the intern, that he'll email him the silly photo of Perry.
- Vanessa Doofenshmirtz
While Vanessa tries to convince her mom, Charlene Doofenshmirtz, that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is a mad scientist, she also tries to convince her that Perry is a secret agent. Also, in the episode Dude We're Gettin' The Band Back Together. Vanessa thanks Perry for helping her make her party more suitable to her gothic friends.
- Linda Flynn
In Flop Starz, Linda sees Perry as "Agent P", but he puts on a pair of goofy glasses to fool her. He doesn't seem to show much interest in her.
- Lawrence Fletcher
In Traffic Cam-Caper, Perry pays Lawrence's traffic fine meaning Perry takes care of his owners family.
Perry is equipped with many items, including whistles that call certain animals, as seen in Raging Bully. Others include a grappling hook gun, a parachute, and an array of cheeses. He also has the the knowledge to drive a scooter, a flying car and a jet pack. As well as this, he once used his hat to break a remote in Dr. Doofenshmirtz's pocket, the hat then returned like a boomerang. In, Jerk De Soleil he uses his hat as a buzzsaw and in Candace Loses Her Head he is seen to have a machine that is used to drill through Mt. Rushmore.
Entrances to Perry's Secret Hideout Edit
- A tree that opens when Perry touches it. This tree is the mostly-used entrance, and Phineas and Ferb stumbled upon it in Get Ready for the Bettys.
- An elevator in the chimney, called the Chimneyvator by Major Monogram. The door opens when certain blocks are touched. Perry meets Santa Claus here.
- The Fletchers' toilet leads to Perry's hideout.
- There is a dog house in the backyard that leads to the hideout.
- There is a trash can at Mount Rushmore that leads back to the Fletchers' backyard, where Perry lands next another entrance.
- A secret entrance on the side of the Fletchers' house.
- A wall in a hardware store at a mall that activates when he pulls on the screws, seen in Toy to the World.
- A lamp post in England near his family's grandparent's home seen in A Hard Days Knight.
- A photo booth in a museum.
- A soda machine in a mall that activates when he taps his foot on a pedal beside it.
- A glass elevator that pops up from Perry's family's backyard seen in Jerk de Soleil.
- A mushroom sometimes seen in the Fletchers' backyard.
- A top hat that he jumps into as seen in Traffic Cam-Caper.
- A staircase that leads to his hideout.
- In the episode Get That Bigfoot Outta My Face, Perry goes down a tree slide.
Perry's secret hideout Edit
Perry has a secret hideout under his owners house which he stores his equipment and is briefed on all his missions. It has a big screen computer which Major Monogram appears to give him all his missions. It also includes his vehicles, a Perry head mannequin where he stores his hat, a chair that turns into a flying hovercraft, and several other items which can be seen in the background. In "Ready for the Betty's" Phineas and Ferb discover Perry's hideout, and Ferb continually tries to tell Phineas that he didn't make the hideout, but there are so many interruptions that he gives up towards the end of the episode. He was the only one that knew that someone was a secret agent in or around their house, even though they never spoke of it again (so far).
- Perry has his own theme song called "Perry the Platypus" which first appeared at the end of Rollercoaster, the pilot episode of the series. It also appeared briefly in Traffic Cam-Caper. A longer version is heard in the Halloween-themed episode One Good Scare Outta Do It!. Also, a variation of the song (re-named "Perry the Teenage Girl" in Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?), is based around the premise of Perry being trapped in Candace's body.
- Perry once seemingly talked while reading a book to Dr. Doofenshmirtz; he was in fact lip-syncing to an audio recording in a tape player strapped to his back.
- Along with Agent P, there are also other animals that work for Major Monogram. Among Major Monogram's other animal agents are: Agent C, a Chicken; Agent D, a Dog; Agent E, an Eagle; Agent H, Harry the Hedgehog; Agent K, a Kangaroo; Agent O, an Owl; Agent T, a Turkey (but "was lost last November"); and Agent W, a Worm.
- Perry seems to have a fondness for cheese, as seen in one episode where he scarfs down an entire wedge of aged cheese in one gulp. In another episode, Perry even has a briefcase full of many different varieties of cheese.
- Doofenshmirtz: Any last words, Perry the Platypus? You know, like that silly little chirping noise you make?
- Perry: *chirps*.
- Doofenshmirtz: Yes, that's the one.
- Phineas Flynn
- Ferb Fletcher
- Candace Flynn
- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
- Major Monogram
- Vanessa Doofenshmirtz
- A fun on-line game: Agent P's Hideout
- Another fun on-line game: Down the PerryScope
- Intro theme to Phineas and Ferb that shows Perry chattering
- TaRtOoN_Man94's awesome portrait of Perry
- NiGHTSfanKevin's awesome portrait of Perry
es:Perry El Ornitorrincopt:Perry o Ornitorrinco