||This a Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game-related article describes a fictional location in a primarily in-universe style. Please help rewrite it to explain the fiction more clearly and provide non-fictional perspective.|
||This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
||The introduction to this article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject.
Please help improve the article with a good introductory style.
Faerûn is a fictional continent in the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting world of Forgotten Realms. The southwestern part of the continent lies along the great Chultan peninsula that juts out toward the west. The waters to the north are named the Shining Sea, a body bounded by Calisham to the north and joined to the Lake of Steam through the Straits of Storm. To the south of the land is the Great Sea.
- Chult — This region of dense jungles lies at the western edge of the continent, where the Shining Sea joins the oceans to the west. It is a tropical land filled with wild beasts, dinosaurs, swamps, and tribes of near-savages.
- Lapaliiya — Along the eastern shores of the Shining Sea is this confederation of city-states ruled by hereditary leaders. The people are hard-working folk who take honor and proper behavior very seriously. Duels are common, as are feuds between families. Each of the cities in this land has a different patron deity, and the city-folk will worship that one deity above all others.
- Samarach — A secretive land at the eastern edge of the jungles of Thult about which little is known. They are relatively isolated from the other parts of the peninsula by a ring of mountains, and take pains to hide themselves with illusion and deception.
- Tashalar — A coastal nation on the southern shore of the Shining Sea, this is a land of merchants, wealth, and craftsmen that dwell at the edge of the Black Jungle to the south. The capital city is the port of Tashluta. The nearby waters are protected by a strong fleet of ships. Infiltrating Tashalar's cities and living in the surrounding jungles are yuan-ti and other serpentfolk.
- Thindol — This is a region of grasslands, hills, and a bay to the south that nearly divides the land in two. The plains are home to fleet-footed tribes of humans. Clans of dwarves dwell and labor in the mountains that border this area.