|Dungeons & Dragons creature|
In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, the troglodyte is a reptilian humanoid. A troglodyte is shorter than a human, with spindly but muscular arms and squat legs. It also has a long, slender tail.
A troglodyte is usually chaotic evil in alignment. The stench of an angry or frightened troglodyte is so foul that it sickens all living creatures nearby, even after the troglodyte dies. Troglodytes covet iron and steel items, which are considered a status symbol.
The god of troglodytes is Laogzed.
- Brown, Lloyd III. "Primitive PC's." Dragon #265. TSR, 1999.
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two. TSR, 1989.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual. TSR, 1977.
- Jones, Spike Y. "The Ecology of the Troglodyte." Dragon Magazine #235. TSR, 1996.
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual. TSR, 1994.
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual. Wizards of the Coast, 2000.