|Dungeons & Dragons Deity|
|Title(s)||The Crawler Below, the Evil One|
|Home Plane||Infinite Layers of the Abyss|
|Domains||Chaos, Earth, Evil (also Gnome and Hatred in Forgotten Realms)|
In many campaign settings, the gnome pantheon of gods consists of the leader Garl Glittergold, as well as Baervan Wildwanderer, Baravar Cloakshadow, Flandal Steelskin, Gaerdal Ironhand, Nebelun, Segojan Earthcaller, and Urdlen.
Urdlen manifests as an enormous blind mole.
Urdlen's realm is the Worm Realm, located on the 399th layer of the Abyss. There, Urdlen tunnels through the ground, completely unconcerned with his petitioners, who dig in the tunnels he leaves behind. The petitioners, mostly evil gnomes, have no society whatsoever; they simply pursue their own greed in the ore-rich earth.
Urdlen's priests wear white cloaks. Its sacred animal is the white mole.
Temples, rituals, and holy daysEdit
Urdlen is worshipped in underground caverns. Sacrifices of blood and jewels are made to it annually. Its holy day is the winter solstice.
- Boyd, Eric L. Demihuman Deities (TSR, 1998).
- Boyd, Eric L, and Erik Mona. Faiths and Pantheons (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Gygax, Gary. Unearthed Arcana (TSR, 1985).
- McComb, Colin. On Hallowed Ground (TSR, 1996).
- Moore, Roger E. "The Gnomish Point of View." Dragon #61 (TSR, May 1982).
- Sargent, Carl. Monster Mythology (TSR, 1992).