Hi, and welcome to your new Annex wiki. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get this off the ground. I have made you and User:Squall Deckiller admins here so you can work together on the project.
Obviously it's going to take some thought to establish a process and category structure for handling incoming material from Wikipedia and other places. Perhaps you can work on a "how to" document for users from other wikis, and link to it from the MediaWiki:Sitenotice?
We might as well take the discussion over here. Anyway, where to begin? Squall Deckiller 00:52, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- I got a lot clearer idea of what is needed after I saw a few WP:FICT comments on your talk page. I propose we wait a bit till we hear more feedback from your proposal so we can get more ideas. Renmiri 17:31, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
I'm gonna try to experiment by digging up the old Final Fantasy articles and pasting them in. Just to see how it looks and all. Squall Deckiller 00:17, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- I noticed we still have a lot of templates to import. I'm still a little confused as to how to do this. Squall Deckiller 00:25, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Seems you got the hang of it Renmiri 02:38, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Those Wikipedia links are a cool idea! I'll resume with the importing tomorrow. Squall Deckiller 04:12, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
I'll probably have some more time the next few days to import stuff. I think we're at least halfway through the necessary templates. Squall Deckiller 08:39, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome. I see you're a bureaucrat; can you make me an administrator here? I'd like to use the Special:Import function to preserve article history rather than just pasting articles here before they are deleted from Wikipedia due to the new "notability" rules. ➳ Quin 17:47, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ugh, don't even get me started on those * rolls eyes *. Welcome to the admin team Renmiri 07:08, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
Renmiri, the techs have now set this wiki so that all registered users can use Special:Import. May I suggest creating a page with step-by-step instructions (perhaps at Annex:How to import, or a similar name in the project namespace)? I can help if you like. Then you could place a message announcing this feature in MediaWiki:Sitenotice which will appear on every page, linking to the "how to". (You can also use MediaWiki:Anonnotice if you'd like a separate message for anonymous visitors.)
The ability can be restricted to admins again if people begin to abuse it, but for now I think it will be a good way to encourage people to participate here. (If abuse occurs, you can block the user to stop them from uploading.)
Please make me an adminEdit
I just adopt annex wiki so would you please promote me as an admin i joined this wiki in 2010