- "And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another. And there was given unto him a great sword." ~ Revelation 6:4
"All who wage war know my name "
War was shown in the comic book (which came with pre-ordered versions of Darksiders) wearing little armor, lacking a hood, and no gauntlet. While not much is known about him, it is established that he was feared by both angels and demons, and hinted that he shares unpleasant histories with many. Even the Charred Council is somewhat wary of War, and was at one point defied by the horseman. A small army sent by the council to retrieve War was easily slaughtered before the other horsemen had to step in. During this, War showed his strength by attacking the other three, and somewhat defeating Fury. Death, who is almost invulnerable to physical damage apparently (evidenced by the fact that he was stabbed by Chaoseater without showing pain, then the stab wound healing almost instantly) was next attacked by War. No match for the senior horseman, Death cut off half of War's arm, subduing him. The half of his arm was later replaced by War's Gauntlet.
War was summoned to Earth in response to a raging battle between Heaven and Hell, falsely sensing the seven seals broken and the Apocalypse come upon them. He quickly noticed the absence of the other Horsemen, but continued to pass judgment on the wicked, slaying those of all three kingdoms. Using his Chaos Form, War traversed broken streets, fighting against the forces of the kingdoms as he came across them. However, his immense power soon drained away from him, leaving him to ask, "What... is happening?" Even with the Chaos powers stripped, though, War proved an unstoppable force on the battlefield. Throwing vehicles with little effort, destroying nearly everything in his path with Chaoseater, battling angels and demons, he continued across a wartorn Earth in search of answers.
Reaching the center of the battlefield, War found the archangel Abbadon leading the angelic army against the demon hordes. Abbadon looked on War with shock and announced, "The seventh seal was not broken!" before falling to the demon Straga. Though greatly outclassed, War engaged Straga, stabbing one of the demon's eyes out in the course of the battle. The tables turned when War's power drained again and he found himself beaten by Straga, the defeat sending him to stand before the Charred Council. Accused by the Charred Council of inciting the End War before its appointed time, War was stripped of his extrordinary powers as well as his sword and sentenced to death. Seeking to prove his innocence in this matter, War persuaded the Council to allow him to clear his name, proclaiming, "When I rode, Heaven and Hell were already at war." With his strength limited by the Council and leashed to the grating presence of the Watcher, War was told to seek out the demon merchant Vulgrim before searching out those responsible.
War returned to Earth with Chaoseater strapped once again to his back. However, he found himself a little off course, ending up in the Seraphim Hotel rather than at the Crossroads proper. The changed and empty cityscape led to War demanding information from the Watcher and learning that one hundred years had passed and the Kingdom of Man had fallen. As War headed out, the Watcher used a dark magic to bind him, relaying his oft-repeated words, "Don't forget who holds the leash."
Fighting his way to the Crossroads, War met with Vulgrim. In exchange for five hundred souls, Vulgrim offered information and the means of passing further on his quest. After War collected the souls, he obtained from Vulgrim the Earthcaller - a horn capable of awakening the slumbering Tormented Gates - and the advice to free Samael, former right hand of The Destroyer, locked away for an attempt to overthrow the Prince Of Darkness.
Putting the Earthcaller to use, War fought his way through a library and met the Phantom General standing watch over Samael's prison in the Scalding Gallows. After an exchange of words, War took him down and freed Samael. In return for his release, Samael said he can get War into the tower of the Destroyer, but he must first regain his power. He sends War on a journey to collect the Hearts of the Chosen, the four strongest warriors of Hell, whose power barred access to the Tower. First was Tiamat, the "Dusk Queen," whose lair was located in the Twilght Cathedral. To aid him, Samael granted War the ability of Shadowflight, shadowy wings allowing War to temporarily glide through the air. War crosses the Choking Grounds full of the Undead to the Tormented Gate and is given the ability to see into the Shadow Realm. Using this new ability War must destroy the Shadow arena challenge to proceed with the Tormented Gate saying "By their blood we are chained, by their blood we shall be free."
After the Gate leaves, War traverses through the Broken Stair to the end of the high way and faces a Trauma for the first time since the Apocalypse. After breaking the demon's neck War travels through the old building to the top and finds a party of Angels looking for him including Uriel. War sees an Angelic Beast and hijacks it. While running two angels argue that nothing is here but Uriel says "Can't you smell it? From neither the White City nor the Black Depths, but something lost between". After narrowly escaping the Hellguard, War travels to the Twilight Cathedral and explores it. While exploring War finds the Crossblade and kills the Jailer. Solving the puzzles, War unlocked the path to Tiamat's inner sanctum. As he entered, the Bat Queen taunted him, asking whether he had lowered himself to become an assassin for the Council, or was simply doing Samael's bidding. At this, Tiamat tried to cut a deal with War, but to no avail. After a battle War finally kills Tiamat by riping her wings off then tearing her heart out with encouragement from the Watcher. War brings Samael the heart and is sent to deal with Ulthane, a challenge to be dealt with before War could kill the next Guardian: the Griever. When the Watcher angrily accused Samael of changing the deal, the demon angrily knocked him aside, dismissing the Watcher as 'filth' and a 'parasite' who 'stifles the Horseman's true power to keep him on the Council's leash' then demanded that War kill the Watcher and free himself from the Council's control. Furious with both, War punchs the Watcher and gains the Chaos Form. In private, Samael viewed the Horseman's refusal to slay the Watcher as weakness, but warily remarked to himself he had seen in that moment one who 'would stand alone against the Destroyer's army'.
War travels to the Drowned Pass and meets another Tormented Gate. War again defeats the Shadow Challenges and the Tormented Gate leaves opening the way to Anvil's Ford. When War enters he sees a massive hammer in the middle of the area and tries to lift it but fails and is told by Ulthane to keep his hands off what isn't his. War says the Black Hammer is Ulthane and they fight with War using Chaos Form as nothing else works but their 'tussle' is interrupted by Uriel and the Hellguard, who, having waited more than a century to avenge Abaddon's death, are eager to exact justice. Since she cannot see War tried in the White City for his 'crimes', Uriel orders the Hellguard to kill War on the spot. However, Ulthane and War team up to fight their common enemy, and have a contest to see who can kill the most angels. If War wins Ulthane will give him the Combat Lore weapon enhancement and then War must face Uriel. After a short duel, War renders Uriel unconcious and the Hellguard retreat. Ulthane allows War to enter The Hollows where the Griever is. As War travels through the dugeons he acquires the Tremor Gauntlet and faces the Griever. War kills the Griever by breaking off one leg and then ramming the Griever in the face with train cart breaking its jaw. War goes to Ulthane and shows himself in by throwing the hammer grazing Ulthane's face and receives Mercy and questions Ulthane why he is here on earth which he doesn't say. War goes to Samael with another heart and gains the power to slow down time with the Chronomancer and is sent to the Ashlands for the Stygian's heart. To the Dry Road and then the Ashlands War uses the Chronomancer to avoid the Ash Titan and reach the Phantom Den where the Stygian is being held. After slaying the demons War finds himself in an arena and faces Abyssal Rider, two Traumas, and the Abyssal Gladiator who has enslaved Ruin. War kills the Gladiator and takes back Ruin then escapes to Leviathan's Drift and kills the Stygian by jumping down its throat and ripping out its heart. After returning to Samael, War is once again sent to get the last heart which belongs to Silitha in the Iron Canopy.
After going through the Ashlands War rides on the Soul Bridge and is abducted into the Iron Canopy by Silitha's children. After breaking free of his imprisonment, War traversed the web-infested streets of the Iron Canopy, slaying the demons and breaking the protective enchantments that blocked access to Silitha's inner sanctum. Once the way was opened, War entered the lair; inside, Silitha confronted him, and told him an astounding revelation; the Chosen played no part in protecting the Tower- the charge the Destroyer had given them was to prevent Samael's return at any cost. The reason Samael wanted their hearts was to regain his power that had been implanted in them; Silitha warned that while War could easily kill her and take her heart to Samael, in the demon lord he would 'face a threat greater than all the Chosen combined!'. In response to this dire warning, War coldly replied "I did not come for your council, spider. Or your stories". Rebuffed, Silitha attacked, but after a lengthy fight, War smashed the Spider Queen through the floor and impaled her on a stalagmite below her, before reclaiming her heart. War returned to the Scalding Gallow and remonstrated with Samael for his lies; Samael pointed out he had made it clear his reasons for helping War were his own and that he still meant to honour their bargain and deliver War to the Tower. Reluctantly, War handed over the final heart, restoring Samael to his true power. After briefly threatening to kill War for trying to deny what was his, Samael remarked he had a code of business to follow, and that he could tell War was on a quest for revenge, something even Samael respected. True to his word, Samael opened a portal that would take War to the Tower. Before leaving, War asked Samael why he had challenged the Destroyer; Samael replied he "did not approve of the company my master keeps" and told War he would understand when he came to the end of his quest. With his task done, War made for the portal, despite the Watcher's misgivings. Before he departed, Samael ominously remarked to the Horseman "We will meet again".
The portal conveyed War to the Black Throne inside the Tower, where he discovered a strange prisoner; Azrael, the Angel of Death. Azrael's first reaction to War's presence was terror, remarking that the Seventh Seal had not been broken. Once he learned War had not come with the intention of killing him, he asked War to free him. Azrael explained that the Destroyer had sent Straga against him, imprisoned him and forced him to open the Well of Souls and use its power for the benefit of the Destroyer. War then traversed across the Tower, channelling the energy of souls from different regions of the Tower back to Azrael's prison in order to free the angel. As War freed him, Azrael made a terrible confession; Abaddon had recruited him for a plot to bring the Apocalypse about early. Abaddon believed that delaying the Endwar any longer would ensure the defeat of Heaven, but that the Council was tying their hands by forcing the angels to honour the truce. Abaddon's plan was to break six of the seven seals; when the final battle began, the Chosen of Hell would gather to declare battle rights, at which point the Hellguard would descend and slay the most powerful of the demons in one strike. Azrael voiced fears that breaking the seals would destroy the Kingdom of Man and, even if victorious, would see them both punished by the Council; however, Abaddon revealed his masterstroke- the seals would be reforged by a third conspirator; Ulthane. When the Council arrived to investigate, there would be no evidence of their plot; they could claim the demons had attacked Earth prematurely and Heaven had brought Hell to justice. However, the plan had collapsed with Abaddon's death.
Furious at this revelation, War blamed Azrael for his fall from grace, while the Watcher ordered War to execute Azrael for his treason. However, War refused, saying his service to the Council was over. The Watcher 'disagreed', insisting War was required to restore the balance. With Azrael freed, the angel opened the way for the Horseman to confront Straga. He also prolonged his life by explaining that he would be War's only way out of the Tower, since Straga's death would cause the Tower's destruction. War descended into the depths of the Tower and challenged Straga; after a lengthy fight, War, fighting with more power than he had in their first duel, defeated and killed Straga, thus avenging his earlier defeat. As the Tower began to collapse in response to Straga's death, Azrael appeared and conveyed War to safety.
Azrael brought War to Eden, thought to be destroyed, but in truth preserved by Azrael. The angel explained that War would need to visit the Tree of Knowledge in order to obtain a way to defeat the Destroyer. After battling a a twisted mirror of himself, a creature born from the darkness of his battles, War proceeded alone to the Tree, where he received a revealing and terrible vision of things both past and yet to come.
The vision showed that after Abaddon was killed in the apocalypse, he was taken to a strange limbo and confronted by a mysterious woman. After being told his own plan has been manipulated for her own ends, the woman offered Abaddon the chance to become her mightiest lieutenant; the Destroyer. Abaddon initially refused becoming the very thing he had fought to destroy, but realised as the woman pointed out, once his crimes became common knowledge, he would be discredited, condemned and likely executed by the Council. With no other option, Abaddon became the Destroyer. The vision also shows that the Destroyer has possession of the seventh seal and plans to lay siege to Heaven; Uriel will lead the Hellguard into battle with him, and fail. The vision shows also that the Charred Council are aware of what was happening; though they couldn't stop events themselves, the Council knew the Horsemen could stop the conspirators, but would never lower themselves to become assassins. The council thus chose to send War to Earth alone in he apoacalypse, nd then accuse him of starting the Endwar, knowing full well he would stop at nothing to clear his name. The vision finally shows War being betrayed by the Watcher and stabbed through the back with a sword.
War returned to Azrael and the Watcher and told them what he had seen (though he kept silent on the Councils betrayal). Azrael explained that the sword he had seen was the Armageddon Blade, but that Abaddon had had it destroyed. However, War had obtained a piece of the sword and knew where to find the rest. Azrael instructed War to find the pieces of the sword and take them to Ulthane, the only one who could reforge it. War set off on his search, gathering the sword's remains from across the shattered world. As he reached the Dry Road, he encountered another challenge; Uriel, who challenged the Horseman to 'Nex Sacramentum', a duel to the death. War defeated Uriel after a lengthy battle, yet refused to kill her, despite the Watcher's urgings. War departed, but not before informing Uriel of the Destroyer's true identity and reminding her that the duel's requirement that one must die was soon to be fulfilled. Hurt by the revelation, Uriel also departed, gathered the Hellguard for battle and launched an attack against the Destroyer's lair in the ruins of the Tower.
With the broken pieces of the Blade gathered, War returned to Anvil's Ford and had the blade reforged by Ulthane. With his new weapon ready, War returned to Azrael, who informed him of what had happened and allowed War, as one last act of service, to reach the Destroyer's lair. War arrived in the wake of Uriel's attack; the Destroyer had routed the angels and taken Uriel captive. The Destroyer mused on Abaddon and Uriel's unrequited love for one another for a moment, then turned his full attention to War and made him the following offer;
"Heaven hunts you. Hell hates you. All of creation cares not whether you live or die. Join me, War. Like a great sword, I will raise you up, and our enemies will shatter against us. The spoils of a thousand victories will be yours. Or serve the justice of a corrupt Council, and a Creator who abandons his most faithful. I offer you this choice, Horseman. Would you serve in Heaven, or rule in Hell?"
War stood silent for a moment, then drew his weapon and replied "I choose what once, a coward did not".
Enraged, the Destroyer attacked War, but with the aid of Ruin and the Blade, he was able to do enough damage to the Destroyer to destroy his draconic form, restoring him to his true form of Abaddon. War and the fallen angel battled through the ruins of the tower, beffore War finally overpowered Abaddon. Broken, humiliated and defeated,Abaddon desperately turned to Uriel for support; she simply told the traitor to reap what he had sown. With nothing more to be said, War killed him.
As Abaddon died, the Seventh Seal fell from his hand. War moved to pick it up, but was stopped by the Watcher, who confirmed the Council's treachery, knowing full well that War would likely turn against them with the Seal in his possession. Uriel desperately tried to intervene, but the Watcher blasted her aside with his magic. However, Uriel armed herself with the Armageddon Blade and both stabbed War in the back to fulfil Nex Sacramentum, then turned the Blade on the Watcher, cutting off his arm and in the process, shattering the Seventh Seal. The breaking of the seal restored War to life and freed him from the Watcher's control. Free of the wretched creature's torments, War gleefully took his long-awaited revenge and killed the Watcher.
In the aftermath of all that had happened, Uriel accused War of knowing what would happen, which had been the only reason he had spared her at the Dry Road. War replied that he hadn't; he had spared Uriel out of a wish not to destroy the last of Heaven's honour by killing its champion. Amazed, but satisfied, Uriel and the Hellguard saluted War; Uriel remarked that his debts to Heaven were repaid, but warned War that she would likely be foreced to fight against him again in the near future; a duty from which she would not shirk. As War made to depart, Uriel called out to him "You will be hunted! The White City for certain, the Council, and...there will be others! You would wage this war alone !?"
In reply, War turned to her, held up the broken remnants of the Seventh Seal and replied "No. Not alone" as in the distance, three comets plummeted to Earth, heralding the arrival of the remaining Horsemen.
- Relative Omnipotence and Omniscience- the ability to manipulate any external force for any effect he desires. His most common use of power is calling forth the fire of the various suns he used to birth and burning his opponents to ashes. He also know's whatever he chooses to know (omni-skills/knowledge)
- Immortality- being virtually unkillable and having an infinite lifespan.
- Reality Manipulation: War has the general ability to manipulate reality. He has vast psionic abilities, can easily change states of matter, and has a host of different powers. He is endowed with superhuman strength of such an extent that it is potentially incalculable. Using his ability to manipulate reality, he can, in effect, regenerate damage done to his body by simply willing it repaired. His powers are vaguely unlimited, and (nephilim) have no clearly defined extent. Other powers include teleportation, flight, the ability to choose his own physical resistances and attributes, as well as the ability to move others from one place to another via teleportation, such as the Angel's and demons he moved through spacetime to his 'Battleworld' construct in the first Nephilim War.
Inherent in his almost limitless psionic abilities the War has the potential to affect reality in a manner that could, in theory, simulate virtually any power. Ultimately, War's limits may be that of his own imagination.
- Eternal Sharingan
As a member of the Mazoku Nephilim clan, War possesses the Eternal Sharingan, the clan's Kekkei Genkai. It first developed during Itachi's departure from Konoha after the NephilimMassacre, but War would later forget he had activated the Sharingan due to being traumatized by the incident. He was able to reactivate it for the first time during the battle with Asmodeus on the Great Hell Bridge. It should be noted that when War reactivated his Sharingan for the first time, his left eye only had one tomoe, while his right eye had two. War was able to put the Sharingan to good use after his brief encounter with the Archangel Michael. Although their fight was ended soon after its start, and War was able to see much of and copy Michael's abilities and powers.
While his ability with the Sharingan was fairly ordinary during his youth War was able to develop a number of more novel uses for it later on.
War was able to u his Sharingan to enter Luciferl' s subconscious, where he proceeded to suppress the Angel's power residing within. In this instance, the fallen Angel compared War's eyes and chakra to that of Michael's, which it claimed was even more sinister than its own. His Sharingan genjutsu abilities have also increased over the timeskip, allowing him to easily hypnotize opponents (to the point of affecting someone without emotions like Sai) and to control a summoned creature as mighty as Manda. When Orochimaru later tried to take over his body, War was able to use his Sharingan to fight the process and turn it against Orochimaru. His skill with the Sharingan has grown to the point where he could overcome the Mangekyō Sharingan genjutsu, Tsukuyomi.
- Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan
War awakened his Mangekyō Sharingan after the death of his older brother, Itachi. War's Mangekyō takes the appearance of three intersecting ellipses. Unlike other Sharingan, which have a black design and red background, War's Mangekyō is the first one that is shown to have a red design and a black background.
The first ability War has displayed using the Mangekyō is genjutsu presumed to be Tsukuyomi, as it broke the victim's will and induced paralysis. During their battle, Danzō commented on War's masterful ability to alter a victim's impression of space and time while under his Tsukuyomi. The second ability, was Amaterasu, which Itachi implanted within his eyes before his death. When War first used it unintentionally against Michael, his eyes assumed the appearance of Itachi's Mangekyō Sharingan. When he later used it on his own, they took the form of his own Mangekyō Sharingan. Various characters have implied that his skill with Amaterasu surpasses Itachi's, as he is able to control the flames with his right eye, although both can extinguish them.
War has also displayed the ability to use Susanoo, which he can use in the same manner as his Cursed Seal, manifesting single parts at a time. War initially uses incomplete versions of Susanoo due to various reasons. During his fight with Danzō, he uses a more complete version, and demonstrates its ability to use different weapons. Later on, during his fight with Kakashi, he perfected his Susanoo into an armored form similar to Itachi's. The last ability War demonstrated with his Mangekyō Sharingan was a jutsu that manipulates the black flames of Amaterasu known as Blaze Release.
Unlike Itachi, War Amaterasu comes from his left eye, and his genjutsu comes from his right eye, along with his ability to manipulate and extinguish the black flames.
- Superhuman Strength: The exact magnitude of War's strength is unknown, but his strength should effortlessly range into the multi-megaton level at the very least. Arguably the strongest being on the planet and one of the strongest beings in the Universe, War has performed feats of strength currently, such as being seen lifting an enormous pyramid and flying it to Mars without any strain and they can weigh millions and millions of tons depending on the size, he is so strong that he is capable of ripping off the arm of the likes of Darkseid and physically defeating him in combat, he is so strong he has been able to move the planet Earth away from the Sun while a powerful Cosmic Entity named Starbreaker was pushing it into the Sun, he is so strong he possesses the strength necessary shatter entire worlds. War has been chained to the endless wheels of the Mageddon machinery and his strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system itself. While the exact magnitude of War's strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that his strength easily surpasses the capacity to lift 1,000,000 tons, but how much more is not known exactly.
- Invulnerability: War's body is nigh-invulnerable. This ability's levels have changed over time. He has taken a blast equivalent to a million nuclear war heads point blank and remained conscious[. Currently he is even more durable than in the past. He has entered the Sun and emerged completely unharmed, he has even traveled through a Black-Hole and survived physically unharmed. He has been seen to skirt the photosphere of the sun (100,000,000 degrees F). War has even been shown withstanding Darkseid's Omega Beams, a feat that was previously considered impossible. War was able to survive the nuclear destruction of the entire moon in the year 2995 when he was stuck in the future. The moon had been lined with sufficient nuclear devices to disintegrate it in one shot and War was in the center and survived without being hurt at all. Superman has withstood 3 particle beams, each powered by the core of a planet, fired at him. One of these planet-powered beams was a plasma beam capable of leveling a huge city a few times over entirely with a single blast. Most likely his greatest feat of durability recently, is that he was recently able to withstand the destructive power of a Sun exploding and going Nova (A result of Archangel technology.) at point blank range to the planet he was on (Which was eradicated by the force of the explosion with the rest of the surrounding system.) and survived without any visible physical damage although the explosion did knock him out. In addition, his immune system protects him from all toxins and diseases. The most common explanations for his invulnerability are War having a super-dense molecular structure and/or a supercharged bio electric "aura" which acts as an invisible "force field" around his body within a few millimeters from his skin, and presumably within his body as well. The proximity of this field to his skin means that loose clothes, for example, may be burned off of him, while cloth that is close to his body is protected by the "aura;" It is sometimes implied that he can unconsciously extend this field to an undetermined extent to protect a greater area, allowing him to carry huge objects within the Earth's atmosphere and without gravity or inertia tearing them apart around his human-sized hands.
- Superhuman Stamina: War has the ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an undefined period. Theoretically, most incarnations of the character has unlimited stamina as his enhanced nourishment is produced from the solar energy his cells process. Superman like other Nephilim does not get tired and does not need to eat or sleep and can be sustained on his own cosmic energy alone. He can also hold his breath for an undefined duration.
- Flight: War is capable of flying at faster than light speeds. He tends to fly at speeds of Mach 10 in the atmosphere. His control of his flight is perfect and he can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards and even lifting great weights while flying. War can fly at speeds many times faster than light. War has the ability to fly in outer space. He has been seen to fly to the moon in minutes so we can assume that he can fly faster than that outside of atmospheric interference.
- Superhuman Speed: War is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. War can move at speeds much faster than light and is one of the fastest beings in the Universe. War can match most other speedsters in their ability to perform super fast movements, reactions, and processes. He can use this power to disarm opponents with or without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds. Superman can also run at incredible speeds and even keep up with most speedsters; he was seen running steadily alongside the flash at a speed of 2000 miles per second (mach 9350) He has been seen flying from the Moon to the Earth in less than 2 minutes. War is so fast that he is even able to vibrate through blows akin, as seen in his fight with an Archangel.
- Superhuman Hearing: The ability to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. The only Earth creature who can detect sounds at the frequency he can is a blue whale (0.01-200,000 Hz). He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency. He can hear every single heartbeat, as well as the blood pumping through everyone's veins, hear every foot step, every cell phone signal as it lances through the air and more. He can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire world.
- Super Smell: On various occasions, War has demonstrated that his sense of smell is significantly enhanced to the point he can smell odours across the entire planet without any problem.
- Super Scream: In one instance, War was shown to have the ability to project a "super scream" from his vocal cords. He used this ability to cancel out the impending threat of an already exploding nuclear detonation.
- Self-Sufficiency: Doesn't need to eat and sleep. His body stores and produces the energy necessary to negate eating and sleeping for an indefinite period.
- Healing Factor: In the extreme event that War is harmed, either by an alien life form matching his own strength or other occurence, he has been shown to have the ability to heal almost instantaneously from any wound, assuming that the process is not impeded from some outside factor. This "healing factor" is supplemented by his stores of cosmic energy and also seems to be an conscious ability,
- Super Breath: The ability to create hurricane force winds by blowing, and to chill his breath in order to freeze a target (this latter ability has also been called "freeze breath" and "arctic breath"). War can also breathe in large amounts of air, an ability used when dealing with and disposing things like clouds of poison gas.
- Heat Vision: The ability to fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it with the conscious act of activating this power. Visually, the power is typically depicted as two beams of red light firing from his eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing War to work undetected. His heat vision is so powerful that they are able to power up the giant ion planet moving engines with his heat vision alone, annihilate an entire army of angels and demons in one blast, and has even been stated to rival the heat of a Star. The area of effect can be consciously determined by War, down to the microscopic level. With such precision is so exact it can bypass a target's outer shell (not causing damage to a person's skull for surgical purposes).
- Super Vision: He also possess a superior sensory arrangement of microscopic, telescopic, infrared and ultraviolet visual capabilities. He is able to see the entire spectrum, part of the mechanism is physical, part of it is believed to be psionic in nature. Abilities include:
- Electro-magnetic Spectrum Vision:War can see into all of the EM Spectrum. He can see and identify radio/television and any and all broadcast/transmitted frequencies, allowing him to avoid detection through radar or satellite monitoring methods. War can see the aura that every living thing generates.
- Telescopic Vision: The ability to focus his vision to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics.
- Microscopic Vision: The ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the sub atomic level.
- X-Ray Vision: The ability to see through anything except lead. Opponents sometimes used lead-lined constructs in an attempt to hide things from Superman. He can see things behind a wall as if the wall were not there, or can "peel back" layer after layer of matter in his mind. War is able to focus his vision past layers of matter, literally seeing "through" them -- possibly perceiving x-rays, cosmic rays or other forms of energy invisible to normal human vision which pass through Earth's atmosphere (and solid objects) after emission from stars. Since it is passive, this ability would not generate harmful radiation in the same manner as a focused projection of hard X-rays.
- Energy Form: War can transforms into a being of electromagnetic energy.
- Lightning Bolt Travel: ability to travel as a bolt of lightning landing with a jolt when ever he landed.
- Alter Density: In this form War can become intangible allowing him to phase through solid objects.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: allows him the ability to influence all forms of energy allowing him to control magnetism, gravitational forces, radiation and electricity.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Sight: see in vastly expanded and different radiation spectra frequencies of energy.
- Electrical Absorption: draw and control power from electrical sources.
- Electrical Blasts
- Battle Precognition (Mental Induction): ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His 'mind includes a 'combat computer' that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Michael, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.
- Tactical Senses: War's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. He can detect what special abilities a opponent has, he can see the enhancements. He can detect the increased electrical activity in an opponents brain.
- - Infinite Will- incredibly intelligent and virtually unstoppable in his drive towards any given goal.
- Master Manipulator- able to manipulate virtually anyone to his own ends, including Gods, angels and even his father Yahweh.
Intimidation: It is widely known that War has the ability to instill fear in others, even the people that know him best are intimidated by him. Even those who aren't afraid of the likes of Archangels fear War.
- Interrogation: War is adept in interrogation techniques, often using law enforcement methods as well as torture. Several methods seen include hanging a person over the edge of a building by one leg or chaining a person upside down and beating them. He usually just plain uses his frightening appearance to get answers. "Fear is an excellent motivator" he once said.
- Peak Super Human Conditioning: Through intense training, specialized diet, and biofeedback treatments, The Batman represented the pinnacle of human physical prowess. His physical attributes exceeded that of any Superhuman level athlete that has ever completed. Strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes and coordination are at peak super human perfection. War began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 6 and then intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12. He has mastered full body control by the time he was 18. He has spent his entire life in pursuit of physical perfection and has attained it through constant intensive training and determination.
- Master Acrobat: Proficient in gymnastics and acrobatics, to the peak of human ability.
- Martial Arts Master: War is one of the finest combatants Creation has ever known. He trained in the US for various martial arts for 3 years. He has mastered 127 styles of martial arts including Muay Thai, Escrima, Krav Maga, Capoeira, Savate, Yawyan, Taekwondo, Judo, Jujitsu, Ninjitsu, Kendo, fencing, swordsmanship, Kenjutsu, Kali, Bojutsu, Francombat, Boxing, Kickboxing, Hapkido, Wing Chun, Parkour, Shorin Ryu, Silat, Chin Na, Kyudo, Aikido, Varma Ati, Jeet Kune Do, Shaolin, Ba Gua, Hung Gar, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kenpo. His primary form of combat is an idiosyncratic admixture of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Karate, Boxing, Jujitsu, and Ninjitsu.
- Weapons Master: Through his martial arts training, he has become an expert on virtually all types of weaponry. He is an exceptional swordsman as evident in his fight with Michael, his proficiency in jui jitsu can proclaim his swordsmanship skill. Proficient at knife throwing, Escrima, & melee weapons mastery, having mastered Kobudo. He was trained and became proficient in all arms. He soon learned expanded melee weapon techniques and he has learned expanded weapon/device sciences. He still practices during his combat sessions to keep his skills intact, though he prefers unarmed combat.
- Master of Stealth: His Ninjutsu training has made him a master at stealth capable of breaching high security facilities with ease and without being detected.
- Expert Marksman: Due to his training in Ninjitsu, War almost never misses his targets, 10/10 times he's succesful. He has been practicing accuracy since the early days of his training and is almost on par with the Green Arrow in terms of accuracy.
- Genius-Level Intellect: (IQ 192) War is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician, and commander; he is widely regarded as one of the keenest analytical minds on the planet. Even his with his superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply "out-fighting" them.
- Polymath: He has studied Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Mythology, Geography, & History. Gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 21. He has mastered Diverse Environmental Training, Security Systems, and illusion/sleight of hand by the time he was 23. He gained even more degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25. He has learned Forensic, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Expanded Device Pool use of personal powered armor and system, database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supers; improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery by the time he was 26. Has also learned Advanced New Development in Forensic and Medical Sciences.
- Master Detective: He is widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is an unlearnable trait and one of War's most effective tools. Given any mystery, he can arrive at any conclusions with a fraction of the data.
- Multi-lingual: He is able to speak Spanish, French, Latin, German, Japanese, English, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, and possibly more.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: He commonly utilizes cunning tactics to outwit his foes. He is an excellent leader and at times commands the entire host of Heaven.
- Escapologist: He has been described as second only to Mister Miracle as an escape artist. He has been seen escaping from a posey straitjacket in less than 52 seconds, and remarked afterwards that the time was way too slow for him.
- Aviation: Has been seen flying the various versions of the planes with ease and flying a helicopter.
- Tracking: Trained in hunting techniques by African Bushmen (the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-eyed Brotherhood, among others).
- Master of Disguise: Has mastered the art of disguise by the time he was 23. Has further learned Expanded Disguise techniques by the time he was 26. War has many aliases he uses to infiltrate the underworld or just to go undercover in public situations.
- Expert Mechanic and Vehicular Driver: Proficient at combat driving. Has learned improved vehicle designs. Was trained and proficient in basic vehicles operations.
In addition to his horse and sword, War acquires various powers, items and abilities which aid him during his quest.
Note: using the with Abyssal Armor, ALL melee weapon attacks cause minor health regeneration. (Even with no enhancements at all.edit Gear
A list of helpful items War can use in his quest.
The Abyssal ChainEdit
The Abyssal Chain is a supernatural gauntlet that can fire a spear-tipped chain that will enable War to pull foes to himself or vice-versa, if the foe is small it will be pulled toward him, yet if it is a large foe War will speed over and finish the job himself. It can also be used to swing across giant chasms too large for War to jump across alone. The achievement/trophy "Reach Out & Touch Somebody" is unlocked upon gaining this.
things (bomb growths, switches, chronomancer stones, etc.) from a distance. The Achievement/Trophy "Elemental Thief" is unlocked upon gaining this.
- The Earthcaller is a powerful artifact, able to channel fury into raw sonic power, knocking back foes- and breaking spells of slumber. War is shown using the Earthcaller to awaken a Tormented Gate when he first obtains it.
The Mask of Shadows
- The Mask of Shadows serves War with the ability to glimpse and manipulate into a parallel dimension called the shadow realm, allowing him to see things that would otherwise be unnoticed or innaccessible. The world is given a orangish tint.
- === Ruin===
- Being a horseman, War needs a horse. Ruin is the name of his hellish steed. War reunites with Ruin in the Ashlands demon arena. Afterwards, War can summon his steed at any time, but only in open spaces. The achievement/trophy "Reunited" is unlocked upon gaining it.
Voidwalker The warp points created by VoidwalkerThe Voidwalker is an artifact unlike any other. It's ancient arcane energies pierce the veil of reality. Creating two points with it creates a path which War can traverse to assist in his journey.It works much like and was inspired by the weapon in the game "Portal," going so far as to make said "portals" orange and blue.
- == Weapons==
Items War can use to destroy his foes, ranging from a streetlight to a car and everything in between.
The Armageddon Blade drains health from enemies while damaging your opponents. The damage it does on enemies is even greater than the Chaoseater, war's legendary sword. The health that is drained gets transfused to you, healing you.
The sword was crafted by Ulthane.
Chaoseater is War's personal sword. Chaoseater also has the semi-unique ability to absorb Chaos energy from defeated enemies (hence the name). This energy can either be used to unleash War's Chaos Form, or simply increase the power of his attacks. As Chaoseater levels up, the skulls in the center of the sword start to pour blood from their mouths, giving the sword an even more menacing appearance. Different effects occur based on the slotted enhancement. For example: Hellfire sets the blade on fire making it so that when he attacks he will cause fire damage and set the enemy on fire. Another example is the Carnage enhancement which makes the mouths on the blade bleed and the edges red.
- ==== Fracture Cannon (Sentinel)====
- The Fracture Cannon is a weapon that fires serrated shards or obsidian bolts that can embed into surfaces and then detonate. The projectiles can tear flesh like wet paper then explode into a greedy flame. It has a massive barrel, notched spikes, chains, and a fiendish skull. Very demony.
More cannon than gun, it fires powerful rounds that punch holes of purifying fire into the dark sky. The spreading flame of each shot is perhaps the truest light now cast upon this Earth.
The Tremor GauntletEdit
It is an ancient glove lined up with spikes and a glaring face etched onto the surface. The demon's eyes glow red with a single purpose: to amplify power.
- Chronomancer: The ability to slow and stop time at will. Like Shadowflight, this ability is gained through Samael.
- Chaos Form: War is able to transform into a large, powerful, fiery demon.
- On War's right shoulder (his shoulder pad) is a face similar to Samael's faces, although it is often though that this represent exactly Samael's face, the case that we can find similar carvings throughout the game imply's that it is more a generic demonic face.
- One amazing trait in the game is that when War falls down an abyss or gap at low health he will not lose health. It is impossible to die by falling, otherwise.
Samael engraved on War's right shoulder pad