- Dissolution (2002) by Richard Lee Byers
- Insurrection (2002) by Thomas M. Reid
- Condemnation (2003) by Richard Baker
- Extinction (2004) by Lisa Smedman
- Annihilation (2004) by Philip Athans
- Resurrection (2005) by Paul S. Kemp
The War of the Spider Queen book series was overseen by R. A. Salvatore, and each book was written by a different writer from Wizards of the Coast. The cover art for all six books were painted by Gerald Brom.
The story is set in the Lolth-worshiping drow society in the year 1372 DR. On the first page of the first book of the series, Lolth wrapped herself in a cocoon, abandoning her mortal worshipers in the Realms. All of her priestesses, including the highest-ranking matron mothers, lost their divine magical abilities, which in turn caused a series of events that would shake the very foundations of drow society.
The War of the Spider Queen follows a group of six drow, including some recently powerless priestesses, as they leave Menzoberranzan on their trip to find out the truth about Lolth's disappearance.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|