Xvarts live in hilly, cavernous regions.
Typical physical characteristicsEdit
Xvarts are usually chaotic evil/neutral.
Stats: +2 dexterity, -2 strength, and -2 constitution --- Size: Small --- Level Adjustment: +0 --- Other: Darkvision 60', +2 bonus to move silently checks, and Speak with animal (rats and bats) 1/per day
Xvarts are a cruel, cowardly race that occupy a place in humanoid society somewhere between goblins and kobolds. They often act as intermediaries between kobolds and goblins, usually dominating the latter. Although weak individually, they are extremely prolific, and are almost always encountered in large groups.
Xvarts in GreyhawkEdit
In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting, xvarts are found in the Bandit Kingdoms, the Bone March, the old lands of the Horned Society, the Pomarj, the lands surrounding Verbobonc, and the eastern Vesve Forest. Xvarts play a key role in the RPGA Living Greyhawk adventures River of Blood by Erik Mona and Dragonscales at Morningtide by Sean K Reynolds.
Xvarts were created by Cricky Hitchcock for the Fiend Folio game bestiary.
- Clay, Joseph. "Hey, Wanna Be a Kobold?" Dragon #141 (TSR, 1989).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Reynolds, Sean K. "Creature Catalog IV: Campaign Classics" Dragon #339 (Paizo Publishing, 2006).
- Reynolds, Sean K. "Enchiridion of the Fiend Sage." Living Greyhawk Journal #1 (Paizo Publishing, 2000).
- Williams, Skip, et al. Monstrous Compendium Fiend Folio Appendix (TSR, 1992).
- Dragon magazine #339 p44